Last weekend at Blue coming up- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Last weekend at Blue coming up

For anyone interested in tryin' some dh lines. I'll be up on Saturday if the weather holds.

Last day for riding up there is Monday.

Clem

PS they also have a more 'normal' lift type system working now, you put your bike on a Whistler style carrier (holds 6 bikes) and then get into a gondola behind the bike carrier, no more truck/shuttles unless it get super busy.

Mar 2004

Good job! Next year, Clem...going to Bromont

But good news on the bike lift. I WILL got to Blue early next season, hopefully for a few summer day trips as well. The problem with going to Bromont only twice a year is you get killed. That hill is hard, especillay for someone like me who needs to ride more hard hills... I'll post shots from my new digi-camera if I stop to take any!
    cheers
    Gabe
    Quote Originally Posted by HubbaMan
    For anyone interested in tryin' some dh lines. I'll be up on Saturday if the weather holds.

Clem

PS they also have a more 'normal' lift type system working now, you put your bike on a Whistler style carrier (holds 6 bikes) and then get into a gondola behind the bike carrier, no more truck/shuttles unless it get super busy.

mtbr member

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by lambhead
    But good news on the bike lift. I WILL got to Blue early next season, hopefully for a few summer day trips as well. The problem with going to Bromont only twice a year is you get killed. That hill is hard, especillay for someone like me who needs to ride more hard hills... I'll post shots from my new digi-camera if I stop to take any!
    cheers
    Gabe
    Yeah I didn't make it to Bromont once this year ... oh well, I'm not sure if I'll head there again anyway, some buds are raving about Plattekill, great tech dh runs AND shore trails. They're open until Nov 7th so I might make a trek there to check it out.

I'm sure we'll hook up at some point. Let me know when you're interested in a stunt ride, it's mostly what I'm into these days.

Clem

Mar 2004

Did you do that new ladder drop at Ravenshoe?

That thing is crazy! I was way too chicken with just my 4x4 and no full-face. The trany is so steep, and the run up so level...I just pictured my front wheel not making the gap and WHAM!! chicken I am. Good news for me is that Marzocchi "revalved" my Jr T under warranty, The fork and the Cove are feeling good, man. I'll post next time we go to Shoe. I'll ride there til december...we'll hook up and you can show us how good a Turner really is.
    Later
    G
    Yeah I didn't make it to Bromont once this year ... oh well, I'm not sure if I'll head there again anyway, some buds are raving about Plattekill, great tech dh runs AND shore trails. They're open until Nov 7th so I might make a trek there to check it out.

I'm sure we'll hook up at some point. Let me know when you're interested in a stunt ride, it's mostly what I'm into these days.

Clem

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lambhead
    That thing is crazy! I was way too chicken with just my 4x4 and no full-face. The trany is so steep, and the run up so level...I just pictured my front wheel not making the gap and WHAM!! chicken I am. Good news for me is that Marzocchi "revalved" my Jr T under warranty, The fork and the Cove are feeling good, man. I'll post next time we go to Shoe. I'll ride there til december...we'll hook up and you can show us how good a Turner really is.
    Later
    G
    If you're talking about the one close to Ravenshoe Rd with the wooden tranny, no haven't hit it yet, the only one I'm missing in there. My main problem with it is the first turn on the ramp, more practise I guess If I can get two days of riding close to one another I'll be good to go I think, getting out once a week tends to eat away at your confidence level from time to time.
    That said I did a cool creek/river gap in Waterdown on Sunday, whole thing starts with a 6ft drop, two gap jumps (skipped those) then an elevated bermed wooden corner, onto a long 5ft high bridge section which aims you perfectly for a gap jump accross the creek. The last bridge is about 10-11ft up and stops halfway accross, they've built up a tranny on the other bank. Not extremely difficult but it's all about commitment for sure.

Gotta get you out with us, you'd have a blast.

Clem

Mar 2004

Waterdown, eh? Is that Rockliffe, or Rockwood?

I have yet to go there if I know the place your describing. I've heard of good trails out there. We were going to hit it the weekend after Bromont. Lemme know if I'mn thinking of the same place. Yeah, the turn on that catwalk at 'shoe doesn't help at all with building speen for the lip.
    G
    If you're talking about the one close to Ravenshoe Rd with the wooden tranny, no haven't hit it yet, the only one I'm missing in there. My main problem with it is the first turn on the ramp, more practise I guess If I can get two days of riding close to one another I'll be good to go I think, getting out once a week tends to eat away at your confidence level from time to time.
    That said I did a cool creek/river gap in Waterdown on Sunday, whole thing starts with a 6ft drop, two gap jumps (skipped those) then an elevated bermed wooden corner, onto a long 5ft high bridge section which aims you perfectly for a gap jump accross the creek. The last bridge is about 10-11ft up and stops halfway accross, they've built up a tranny on the other bank. Not extremely difficult but it's all about commitment for sure.

Gotta get you out with us, you'd have a blast.

Clem

L.D
    My Legs Hurt

Clem

Kinda shitty that theyre stopping so quickly, especially since we got some nice weather now...Im gonna try to make it out on Sat.