Lake to Lake North- Mtbr.com
    NormalNorm

Lake to Lake North

Has anybody done the lake to lake north. What can I expect? I have rode Hardwood Hills, and was wondering how does it compare?

Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by norm
    Has anybody done the lake to lake north. What can I expect? I have rode Hardwood Hills, and was wondering how does it compare?
    expect it to be much tougher. I do not know what they have laid down for a course, but the hills in that area are unavoidable...after all, it is a small ski resort. furthermore the trails there tend to be very tricky and steep, after all...they held an O-Cup downhill there last weekend.

I can't imagine where they will find 18km out there that will not break your average novice/intermediate rider, but maybe they are aware of something I am not and it is only one dudes opinion...

I guess time will tell.

NormalNorm

Lake to Lake North

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Payer
    expect it to be much tougher. I do not know what they have laid down for a course, but the hills in that area are unavoidable...after all, it is a small ski resort. furthermore the trails there tend to be very tricky and steep, after all...they held an O-Cup downhill there last weekend.

I can't imagine where they will find 18km out there that will not break your average novice/intermediate rider, but maybe they are aware of something I am not and it is only one dudes opinion...

I guess time will tell.
    Thanks. I have rode at Hardwood once 5 years ago(24 hrs)and expect it to be somewhat the same-with steep hills. I also expect that it will be sandy due to our dry summer. 36kms will absolutely punish the novice rider(some riders thought hardwood 24hrs was tough at 15 kms!)Again, thanks and hope to see you there.

bi-winning
    I did the event last year, and let me say this, i have never been so exhausted in my life. It was also shorter last yeat too. I did place well 4th in my age group. The hills are really tough. Much of the trail is technical too, so it wears down your entire body. There is not much smooth sailing like the classic event.

I will not participate this year because i would die. I have not rode much in the last 6 weeks because i was in a french immersion program in Trois-Rivieres Quebec. Not quite up for racing right now.

If you do it, enjoy the challenge!
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.