Kelso xc race report...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Cool-blue Rhythm Kelso xc race report...

This years Kelso was certainly better and faster then previous years. The fire road climb and a short "grunt" climb per lap was all the climbing we did. A new sweet decent to bring us back down to the bottom was really fast and fun!

The rock gardens as usual pose a challenge to all, as I flipped over the bars on the first lap, hopping right back on the bike and give'nr. Trail conditions and the weather couldn't be any better, which made for a really good ride.

I placed 37 out of a possible 90~100 riders in the master sport cat, a laid back group of riders, not bad for being 2 years out of racing xc in the o-cup series. The speedhub worked it's best on the bike, must'a turned a few heads thinking the bike was set up as a singlespeed and answered a few questions on the speedhub, Life's great, Till next race
    VernDog

rad to the power of sick
    I lost a lot of time on the hill and got caught in the start after me.(but i guess the hill was put there to separate the pretenders from the real deal! ) I pedaled hard and paced myself as well as i could but had a disappointing finish, 20/26 or something like that.

I think i'm going to take a break from O-cup riding and work the weekly series til my fitness level reaches par.

Hope everyone had a good day!

Aaron
    Some great sets for the trainer:
    https://www.mixcloud.com/djfeelgood/

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

What a race!!!!!

Finally a dry course and a beautiful sunny day!!! The O-cup races just keep getting better and better. The course was an absolute blast and I loved all the rocky technical sections. Came in 4th out of almost 50 women. Oh well, I was aiming for the top five so I guess I'll have to be somewhat happy with that. On to Hardwood Hills for O-cup #3!!!!