Kelso...Wednesday afternoon!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Kelso...Wednesday afternoon!

Hey everyone. Don't know if anyone else is free tomorrow, but I'm going to make my first trip to Kelso this year Wednesday afternoon. I'll probably be there from around 3:30ish until around 6 or so. Let me know if anyone's interested.

Dan

mtbr member

how was it?

Quote Originally Posted by ddakin
    Hey everyone. Don't know if anyone else is free tomorrow, but I'm going to make my first trip to Kelso this year Wednesday afternoon. I'll probably be there from around 3:30ish until around 6 or so. Let me know if anyone's interested.

Dan
    Just got back from Tobermory, otherwise would have joined. How did you like it?

Rode the Bruce Mtn Park last week..post and pics to come.

Cheers

mtbr member

Great!

Man that Kelso ride was super-fun!

I'm from Niagara Falls and don't have a chance to ride that area too often so I brought both the road bike and the MTB.

I started out on the road bike and headed out from the Summit Parking lot and down to that crazy Rattlesnake Point Hill. It's one I've wanted to try for a while, but as I was going down it, I was really thinking, damn there's no way I'm gonna make it back up without stopping....especially with no granny gear and a smallest rear cog of 25.

Anyhoo, hit the bottom and turned around near Derry Road....WOW. THat's all I can say. It's a fairly short climb, but at an average grade of 10%, it's a killer. Thankfully I made it up without stopping (had to hammer out of the saddle the whole time though), and then I rode from there back to the Kelso summit.

With a nice 10km warmup under me, I switched shoes, threw on the baggies and hit the Kelso trails for about an hour and a half. I think I hit pretty much every trail in there, including the gravel road down the ski hill and the brutal climb back up again. All in all I rode about 27km on the trails so it was a great day!

Cheers,
    Dan