Kelso or Albion for freeride?- Mtbr.com

Feb 2006

Kelso or Albion for freeride?

Hey guys i'm trying to decide weather to go to Kelso or Albion this weekend. Does anyone know if either of these two places has any freeride elements? Not looking for anything too major just good enough to keep me entertained for a couple of hours. Went up to Ravenshoe last week and i had a blast so anything to that effect would be great.

Thanks a million

Lt. Saad

LBS Manager
    Albion is all fast flowy single track. No free ride stunts except for one new tree ladder bridge thing that is not realy on the trail and even that is prettty tame. It is a great place to ride but not if you are looking free free ride stuff.

Space for rent...
    Much the same for Kelso. Most of it is singletrack that is also fast and flowing. Close to the upper parking lot is a section called the X-Treem trial. It is mostly rocky, but there are a couple of stunts that have been built. Certainly not Ravenshoe caliber but may test you a little.
    It's only pain......

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Kelso

You want to go to Kelso over Albion...a few more stunts and technical trail on Xtreme. Plus this weekend will be very busy at Albion with people going up to pre-ride the course for the 24 hour next weekend.

mtbr member
    Another vote for Kelso.

There are sone rock gardens on the East end at the top of the chair lift or defibrilator climb.
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2017 Trek Farley 9.6
    2017 Diamondback Haanjo Trail Carbon (sold)
    2016 Scott Solace 10 Disc

mtbr member
    Kelso, IF it HAS to be one or the other.

Given the choice you'd be better off with Waterdown. Lot's of stunts built up in the thick of the trail. Ramps, logs, bridges ..... all kinds of stuff to build a law suit on.
    I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

... and cookies. :D

Feb 2006

where?

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTO
    Kelso, IF it HAS to be one or the other.

Given the choice you'd be better off with Waterdown. Lot's of stunts built up in the thick of the trail. Ramps, logs, bridges ..... all kinds of stuff to build a law suit on.
    what the heck is waterdown and where is it ? i could use the extra money from the law suit to upgrade my Stinky

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt.Saad
    what the heck is waterdown and where is it ? i could use the extra money from the law suit to upgrade my Stinky
    Waterdown is in ..... Waterdown. Hmmm, Hwy 5 & 6, IIRC. Do a search here and you'll find good directions. BRING A TOUR GUIDE!
    I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

... and cookies. :D

May 2006
    vote for kelso

albion is singletrack that about it.

Feb 2006
    Thanks to all those that took the time to reply. hit up Kelso and it was fun. that first uphill damn near gave me a hernia!! and someone knocked down most of the freeride stuff at the top, so sad... but all and all the lady and i had a good time and a nice swim afterwards.

Cheers to all and safe riding

Members who have read this thread: 0