Jacket recommendation(s)- Mtbr.com
    db9
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Jacket recommendation(s)

I did have (underscore did have! - the liner fell apart when washing) a older shell style jacket (Activa brand) bright colour (for riding single track in the fall) and visible for on the road - didn't breath very well but kept the wind and wet out (unless it was a downpour) I'd layer underneath for the cooler temperatures..

So I'm looking for a new jacket.. tall/thinner body type - long arms.
    I don't ride in the dead of winter but I will ride at this time of year as long as the single track is ridable

I have some Endura pieces (not a jacket though) that I like but I had bought these thru mail order (anyone in Ontario carry Endura?) - and I'd rather try and buy ..

suggestions? Pearl Izumi, Sugoi, Castelli?

Thanks for reading..

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    I don't use anything too fancy. Any jacket I'm wearing is going to eventually get shredded from contact branches/trees/rocks/dirt/ice. As long as it has armpit vents and a front zipper from temperature regulation, and an inside breast pocket to keep my helmet light battery warm, I'm happy with it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by db9 View Post
    I have some Endura pieces (not a jacket though) that I like but I had bought these thru mail order (anyone in Ontario carry Endura?) - and I'd rather try and buy ..
    Oxygen Bikes at Lakeshore and 25th has Endura jackets.

I'm the same wasy as Mentor, I consider my jackets to be expendable so I can't justify buying the good stuff. All my outer layers are off the clear out racks at MEC and other stores.

mtbr member
    My favourite jacket was an old MEC windshell that was very thin and packable. It breathed, kept the wind off and I was fine down to -20 with layers underneath. Unless you are going out in the rain it's all you will ever need. It fit into a jersey pocket or the bottom of my pack. Now I'm in BC and when it's cloudy there is always a good chance of rain so I have a soft shell and a rain jacket, but both are bulkier.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Team Robot. "modulation is code for “I suck at brake control.” Here’s a free tip: get better."

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Sale at Sugino, some deals on Jackets.
    https://ca-store.sugoi.com/collectio...ck-friday-mens

If you want to go cheap, check the charity shops like ValueVillage. I've found several Running Room jackets there that work fine for riding. The odd riding jacket even shows up.