Hows the conditions at 3 stage?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Hows the conditions at 3 stage?

Just wondering if any one has been to 3 stage this week? Hoping to get out there ob sunday but dont want to drive if its to slick. There is some events going on some well drained trails but I want to get to 3stage before its to late.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    rode there earlier today... lots of leaves covering the trails and a few trees down and a lot of moisture in the ground...the trails will be hard to navigate for the next couple of days and wont be dry until we get so wind and sun

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Thanks. I guess as long as it wasnt too wet I might make the drive.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by machine4321 View Post
    Just wondering if any one has been to 3 stage this week? Hoping to get out there ob sunday but dont want to drive if its to slick. There is some events going on some well drained trails but I want to get to 3stage before its to late.
    Quote Originally Posted by rowlands View Post
    rode there earlier today... lots of leaves covering the trails and a few trees down and a lot of moisture in the ground...the trails will be hard to navigate for the next couple of days and wont be dry until we get so wind and sun
    Thanks. I guess as long as it wasnt too wet I might make the drive.

he said it was wet and hard to navigate due to leaves and trees down and you're still going to go?

Forecast is for rain overnight and tomorrow as well.

Skip it.
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2019 Scott Foil 10 Disc
    2019 Norco Search XR Steel
    2017 Trek Farley 9.6

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    He said moist, not wet. I have no problem navigating 3 stage. If it does rain I will think about not going.

Heaven forbid we ride in less then ideal condtions. Last time I checked trees fall down all the time. Usually I get of my bike for 10sec and walk over/around said tree. Some times I even go over them with out getting off my bike, crazy, I know.

Seriously if the conditions were bad he would have said so. Moist ground and leaves are not grounds for scrapping a day of riding. It doesnt sound unridable and it didnt sound wet enough that I would damage the trails. Not trying to be rude but I have a hard time waiting for the best possible contions to ride. We havent had any big rain storms come in in the last few days(im 45min away) so at this point it might be rideable.

banned
    Mar 2005
    Wear your hunter orange vest...it's that time of year.

Dog at 3-Stage
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JM01; 10-20-2012 at 06:57 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    It's dried up a lot since the beginning of the week, should be fine for you. Go for it!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Good call on the orange. I dont have anyhing bright at all. It has been raing all day here. Might pass.

Members who have read this thread: 0