How's Albion Hills?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

How's Albion Hills?

Thinking of heading to Albion Hills tomorrow and was wondering about the conditions (both the single track and others...red/blue)? No rain forecasted for today (Wed) or tomorrow morning, so I'm hoping it will be fairly dry...

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Albion

Well I just got back from Albion and I would have to say it's in pretty good shape.

I'm a newb to xc/singletrack, so I don't have a lot to compare it to, but it was relatively dry, with the exception of one long part of the doubletrack you have to follow, that was quite muddy.

I was going to stick to the blue/red because I knew it from skiing, and as a newb was a bit intimadated by singletrack, but I quickly realized that the ski trails were still quite wet and the singletrack wasn't, plus once I got on the singletrack I loved it.

I'm not sure how long the singletrack usually is, but it seemed pretty short.

One woman got there just before me, never saw her once, and a guy with a Giant was pulling up as I left.

P.S. If you want to help me with some v-brake adjustment issues I'm having, I have a post on the beginners corner...thanks.

Mar 2004
    Hey.. I'm heading to Albion Hills for the first time shortly... what are the red/blue trails like, and how many trails are there...?? Are they technical or fairly easy..??
    Any info would be apreciated... I'm camping for the weekend and would like to know what I'm getting myself into..

b_r

sock puppet

albion hills is not too technical...

know your limits, slow down on downhills, be careful with drop-offs if you dont know what is on the other side...

you'll be just fine. have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by bike_riot
    Hey.. I'm heading to Albion Hills for the first time shortly... what are the red/blue trails like, and how many trails are there...?? Are they technical or fairly easy..??
    Any info would be apreciated... I'm camping for the weekend and would like to know what I'm getting myself into..

b_r