Hot August Nights 2013? Can of worms.- Mtbr.com
    I Strava Hamburgers

Hot August Nights 2013? Can of worms.

Mud Hero on the 24th.... HAN 31st 1st?

Has it been turfed? Can anyone fill me in?

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    From what I've found out this year, HAN was turfed. I missed out on SS in June and was looking forward to HAN when I found out that is no longer being ran.

mtbr member
    Yeah, look at the numbers. It's been declining up until it's omission last year fro Chico's schedule. Andorra just didn't make sense for them anymore, so it was removed from the schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A bad day on the bike is better than a good day doing anything else...

http://www.apexracephotography.com

Lemmy Rules!
    I think most people only do one 24hr race per season.

Hopefully another promoter will step up with an event that weekend as August will be pretty dead bike wise.

I organized a 240km road ride for the Lap Dogs last August that same weekend. There was some talk of making it open to non members although nothing is official yet and it was just talk. The ride was called the Tour de Caffeine and was a tour of some of the finer bike-related coffee shops. I'd be interested to hear what sort of interest there would be in a ride like this. If we end up keeping it as a club only thing, y'all can always join....
    Strava made me do it....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unglued View Post

Hopefully another promoter will step up with an event that weekend as August will be pretty dead bike wise.

Take a look south of the border. 30 minutes from the Peace Bridge at Sprage Brook Park across the road from Kissing Bridge WNYMBA host a MTB fest and Single Track Stampede Race. It makes for a great weekend of racing, riding and camping.

SINGLE TRACK STAMPEDE III

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I predict next year will be like this year, with nothing to do some weekends,other than ride, which is fine too. But then lots of conflicting events on the same weekends.

I Strava Hamburgers
    Unfortunate. Love the 24H format, always feels like a party where you also happen to have to bike around a course every 4 hours.

Gonna have to get the most out of Solstice this year.

More than a little slow
    Victoria's 100 got moved from May Two Four to that weekend (ish?) last year and I expect it will stay there this year. Not an Event like HAN but certainly enough of a challenge. It's a good honest race with a small number of great people showing up.
    Cheers, Dave

I Strava Hamburgers
    I'll actually be doing those this year. It was a shame last year that I kept missing them due to family stuff, but this summer will be much more quiet. Looking forward to them for sure.

Evil Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by swabag View Post
    I predict next year will be like this year, with nothing to do some weekends,other than ride, which is fine too. But then lots of conflicting events on the same weekends.
    Which reminds me, the Expresssion of Interest forms went out yesterday. I got my road one in this morning. No rest for the wicked.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

Members who have read this thread: 0