Holiday near Bromont - Anywhere else we should check out?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Holiday near Bromont - Anywhere else we should check out?

Hi all,

Finally coming round to the biking holiday in Quebec!

We (6 of us) have deliberately chosen to stay near Bromont as it seemed to be the most sorted place for riding, but I was wondering if there's any other trails around that area (we're staying in Sutton, which looks pretty small!).

Especially xc trails as it's 3 guys 3 girls and the ladies don't go for anything too gnarly! Long loops and stuff would be excellent.

What I'm hoping is that we could get like a trail map / book from a bike store? But I can't find anything about local bike stores online.

help

thanks, can't wait to check out bromont!

jim

IMBA Canada
    Aug 2004
    Hey there!

First off, check out Allezy.net , there lots of trails on there that you could try. Also, find a club like www.clubveloepic.org (my club) and maybe you'll find someone to take you for a ride!

If you're staying in Sutton you'll love the area! It's really remote and quiet... not much riding around sutton tough... Bromont is about 20min drive and you'll find lots of DH and XC trails there.

Aprrox. 30-40min drive from Sutton is montgomery, VT... just a tad south of Jay Peak... they have really nice XC stuff there. Walk into First Trax the local ski and bike shop ( www.firstrax.net ) and ask Don about his trail networks, he'll gladdly show you around... there is about 25km of nice trails out there... technical stuff with great climbs!

Another ride you can do is Coaticook that is about 1-1:15 hour drive from Sutton (on the other side of Memphremagog)... Really technical 20 something km loop. Really technical. Good climbs with lots of rocks... once it starts going down, it will be plenty of fun!

Is this helping at all?

Coaticook map: http://www.allezy.net/mtb/trails/lay...ook_carte.html
    Coaticook website: http://www.gorgedecoaticook.qc.ca/indexa.html

Montgomery, VT: www.mmbavt.og
    First Trax: www.firstrax.net

Club VeloEpic: www.clubveloepic.org
    Trails in Quebec: www.allezy.net

Enjoy!

May 2005
    My wife and I are intermediate riders at best. Last summer on our way back home (Ottawa) from Kingdom Trails in Vermont (awesome trail network by the way) we stopped at Coaticook to try out the trail even though we new it was rated advance. It had rained a lot in the area and the ground consisted mostly of wet slippery muck, rocks/roots of various sizes with a lot step climbs and descents, not for the faint of heart such as ourselves. After seeing one guy in a group of riders crashing head first into a tree on a slippery descent we decided to call it a day. I would imagine for expert riders it would be a lot fun though.
    Last edited by RobB; 06-19-2005 at 07:54 AM.

IMBA Canada
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by RobB
    My wife and I are intermediate riders at best. Last summer on our way back home (Ottawa) from Kingdom Trails in Vermont (awesome trail network by the way) we stopped at Coaticook to try out the trail even though we new it was rated advance. It had rained a lot in the area and the ground consisted mostly of wet slippery muck, rocks/roots of various sizes with a lot step climbs and descents, not for the faint of heart such as ourselves. After seeing one guy in a group of riders crashing head first into a tree on a slippery descent we decided to call it a day. I would imagine for expert riders it would be a lot fun though.

Coaticook is lots of fun when it's dry... I never go there before august.... i wait for a lot of dry times so there is not lots of water/mud everywhere!

If you're driving down from Montreal, might as well go the extra 45min to get to KT!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJay
    Coaticook is lots of fun when it's dry... I never go there before august.... i wait for a lot of dry times so there is not lots of water/mud everywhere!

If you're driving down from Montreal, might as well go the extra 45min to get to KT!
    Thanks BigJay, some good advice there!

Coaticook looks great, and the spot in VT is really close, I guess the border crossing is easy enough?

can't wait to get out there!

jim