Hilton Falls Maintenance Day: Saturday, March 26th- Mtbr.com
    Evil Jr.

Hilton Falls Maintenance Day: Saturday, March 26th

Again, I gave most of the details away in the thread title but whadayagonnado? Giddy up!

Quote Originally Posted by HRCA
    Thank you for inquiring about our volunteer trail maintenance day at Hilton Falls Conservation Area. We are suggesting meeting at the visitor center for 9:30am, where we will divide into two groups and tackle a couple of projects. One group will be building a bridge at a location that is very wet in the spring and the other group will be closing a couple of trails that has been agreed upon by the Region of Halton, Conservation Halton and the biking community.

If you have a battery operated drill that you could bring, a couple of those would help in the building of the bridge.(red Roberson bit) Also work gloves and safety glasses would be beneficial. Participants are encouraged to bring their mountain bikes to transport themselves to the work location. We anticipate working for approx. 4 hours then returning to the visitor center for a BBQ lunch. Hopefully you can make it out and we will get good working weather.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

Evil Jr.
    bumpity!

That's THIS Saturday for the calendar-impaired.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

Hardtail Freak
    Cool! Wish I could make it though…
    2018 Stanton Slackline 853
    2016 Norco Torrent 7.1
    Gone - 2000 Marin Indian Fire Trail
    Gone - 2001 Brodie Holeshot

Avenger of Evil
    It's gonna be hard to find the trails under all this snow!!
    Famous Last Words....."Hey, watch this!!"

namagomi
    At least they're using robertson screws... I wanted to attend but had other plans made on my behalf which can't be broken. Hopefully the snow will be mostly gone!

Maybe i'm confused, but it seems interesting that these trails which are to be closed Saturday were slated to be closed a long time ago, makes me wonder what all the controversy was about a few months ago regarding studded tires on those same(?) trails?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by electrik
    At least they're using robertson screws...
    Peter Lymburner Robertson invented and built his screws in Milton!. Look it up!!!

I plan on going (should we bring snow shovels?) unless I'm out of town - that decision gets made later today.

Evil Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1440Brad
    It's gonna be hard to find the trails under all this snow!!
    I've never done maintenance under a foot of snow before. This should be interesting.

Evil Jr.
    Just got word of a postponement due to snow (). No details yet, will post unless some one else already has 'em.

Evil Jr.
    Here's the official (bummer) notice:

Quote Originally Posted by HRCA
    It is with regret that we have had to postpone our Trail building day for Saturday March 26, 2011.

Given the accumulation of snow we received yesterday it would make it very difficult to complete the projects that we have lined up. We will be rescheduling the event for a later date in April, perhaps even early May, but will not be able to decide on a day until after our All Weather Challenge bike race, Sunday, April 03, 2011.

I will be in touch with the alternate date as soon as it has been decided.

Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering. We appreciate the time, skills, and dedication that our volunteers bring forward to our Parks, and we hope that you will be able to join us in the very near future.
    If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Jocelyn Monteith
    Operations Assistant, Hilton Falls, Rattlesnake Point, Mount Nemo
    Conservation Halton

Phone 905-854-0262 ext 3105
    Cell 905-691-4094
    Email [email protected]

namagomi
    Hopefully before the mosquitoes!

Evil Jr.
    Picking an alternate is gonna be tricky since they wanted to include the IMBA Trail Care Crew and they're really tightly scheduled after this weekend.

Members who have read this thread: 0