Highlands Nordic Fall MTB Series- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Highlands Nordic Fall MTB Series

Hello Everyone some of you know me and some dont ( Lucky for you ) but this my first ever post on MTBR ( Monsters will tell you I have been lurking for some time )

A few of us have been spending a good chunk of free time building trails this summer at Highlands Nordic in Duntroon On. The trails are still in some need of some finishing touches here and there but for the most part are ready to show the world. We decided the best way to do this would be have a fun little fall series on the cheap. These trails are still new trails, need some bike traffic and still some benching required in various spots. But I think for the most part anyone interested will enjoy the ride. These trails are on private property and will only be accessible during events or club based activities very similar to what they have done with mountainview. If I had to describe the trail set up it would be a mix of kolapore and 3stage at this point

Heres the info

Highlands MTB Series
    Highlands Nordic, Duntroon, Ontario
    Sat Sept 18, 25 and Oct 2 & 2010

These events are intended for Mountain Bike riders of all ages and abilities wishing to test their skill and fitness. The 5.7km loop is a mix of single and double track with an elevation difference of over 90metres. The trail will vary each weekend.

SCHEDULE: Start time @ 10:00am . Race cut off for start of last lap will be 10:45. Draw prizes will be held after each day. Series Points awarded for overall standings. Cost $10. but you must have your own OCA insurance. ( 1 day/citizen permits will not be available this yr becuase I am lazy )

Category # Event:
    Under 12 boys 1
    Under 12 Girls 2
    Not So Serious Women 3
    Serious Women 4
    Not So Serious Men 5
    Serious Men 6

I know the dates for alot around here are conflicts. Myself included on the first weekend. Bet you can guess where I will be. By the conversations I have had with many, if you wanted to attended 1 of the three looks like Oct 2 is the day most are trying to mark on the calender.

On top of these three events Highlands Nordic is hosting a duathalon Oct 16 and than there is the almost famous HillBilly Hustle Cross race on Oct 31 this yr presented by HBCC

Thanks Everyone
    Scott

Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007
    Oooh! Wish we lived closer! And that cross season and Crank didn't overlap...

For those who don't know, Scott is a genius trail builder. He did some beautiful work on the Crank the Shield Trail in Haliburton and is responsible for many of the recent trail improvements at Albion.

Nice to see you de-lurking, and good luck with the trails! We'll see them at the Hustle at least...

Evil Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdgirl
    Scott is a genius trail builder.
    +1

Hopefully some of the new trail will be included in the Hustle. With the Misfit Anti-Race the day before, I won't exactly be in top form but I wouldn't miss it!
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    My wife and I have skied as members at Highlands for several years and have always wondered when or if it would become a mtb venue. The terrain and setting is awsome and it seems to make a lot of sense as it adds another seasonal activity to the site . We're not into the race scene, however, so it would be nice to see some fee-based public access at some point.
    Always remember - You are unique, just like everyone else.

Evil Jr.
    If you like skiing at Highland (and who wouldn't? ), you have Scott to thank for the grooming there too.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster
    If you like skiing at Highland (and who wouldn't? ), you have Scott to thank for the grooming there too.
    Always read (and enjoy) is early morning posts - except when he tells us that the trails have melted.
    Always remember - You are unique, just like everyone else.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Hillbilly Hustle Almost famous???? infamous more like it

Bored
    I remember doing a few rides here a few years ago when Kamikazee did a mid week race. Lots of fun riding here. I may actually get up early on a weekend and venture up to Duntroon.

mtbr member
    I too remember the Kamikazee series..Looking forward to making one or two of these...props to Scott!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Hey guys, thanks for the response. Yep, me and my spelling mistakes all winter long. Its actually scares me how many people read the jibberish I type at 5am. But I do love it. www.highlandsnordic.ca for a little shameless plug.

Sorry for the lack of response, managed to get to worlds and as Garage Monster so kindly posted elsewhere got to spend some time with an Injured non Newzealand rider and the finest quebec city medical staff money can buy.

So racing starts this weekend at highlands, but we are well aware that there is alot going on this weekend. There will be fun races every sat morning at 10am from this Sat until Oct 2. Oct 16, there will be a Duathalon ( or just running option if you wish ) put on by trail blazers ski club, than Oct 31st Someone is going to defend his lumber Jacket at the Famous HillBilly Hustle ( or atleast I hope he is ).

Evil Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Holmes
    than Oct 31st Someone is going to defend his lumber Jacket at the Famous HillBilly Hustle ( or atleast I hope he is ).
    Well, as I mentioned earlier, it's the day after the Anti-Race (for which I hear the World's was excellent training), so while he might not be in top form, he should still be close enough to attempt a defense.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I think Jarred Stafford has been working with the Empire to throw unsaid person off his game and steal the jacket.

Evil Jr.
    He's at it again over all that woodwork is he? Glad to hear he's at least back on his bike. I'd been checking his blog but there's been no news since pre-race.

Members who have read this thread: 0