Hey Lowenbrau: What's "Party Atmosphere"?- Mtbr.com

Mar 2004

Hey Lowenbrau: What's "Party Atmosphere"?

Tell me more about this trail...I've never heard of a section northn of the north etrance/exit...how do you get to it, how long is it, what's it like...
    Gabe

Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lambhead
    Tell me more about this trail...I've never heard of a section northn of the north etrance/exit...how do you get to it, how long is it, what's it like...
    Gabe
    Sorry I took so long to reply I've been out west. I've heard it called Hole in the Wall as well. It's the trail that goes off to the left just before you cross the bridge on the road north of the end of the main trail. You keep following it till you cross the creek and go up the very steep switchbacked trail to the top of the west valley wall. Go about 20 yards through the construction company yard and follow the trail that then takes you back into the woods. Easily the best and most technical trail in Toronto with bridge crossings,steep short climbs and pretty hairy exposure in places. The north end of the trail ends just north of the train trestle south of Eglinton.

banned
    Feb 2005

Bad Directions

In the New Ontario, when things like this are posted in public, problems.
    Do you need me to explain some more?

Apr 2005

Sketchy trail.

This is true but thanks to the anonymity of the internet.. it's harder to pin blame on people for this stuff. And it was solicited information and a sanctioned trail that runs through a public park.

That said, this trail could use some maintenance. It's a very technical ride to begin with and there are some spots that were extremely sketchy when I last rode it.. (November). It cuts through the periphery of an industrial yard at one point (private property) and there are some sections that are unrideable due to erosion (the trail is severely off-camber as it were, more so than the "don valley trailway"). I'd be willing to pitch in some work..