hey, jaryr and smiley.......- Mtbr.com

Mar 2004

hey, jaryr and smiley.......

So, you guys made it to the clinic? how was it?

They say I have a problem
    Quote Originally Posted by esmundo
    So, you guys made it to the clinic? how was it?
    Not sure what the other guys thought, but I had a good time and learned a few things....

The highlight for me was watching my fiance, Shelly, ride up the 3 steps at the start of the ride. That is the type of thing that she would never would have attempted if it wasn't for the clinic.

Rich (Riding the Red Sugar)
    "The meek shall inherit the earth"

mtbr member

Not bad at all

well we had a pretty good turnout..and the weather held out, although it was a bit humid which made the rocks fairly slick in some spots. The days rain prior to the ride put a limit on some trails selection. We stayed on the 'beaver dam trail' for most of the ride.

As Rich said, I think a highlight was seeing Shelly tackle those stairs. "keep pedalling!!!"

As for me, I had a lot of fun, and now can put some faces to the names on here. As I ride mostly solo ( alot of lazy friends!!) It was, for me, a great way to see how I compared to other riders and see different lines and approaches to the trails.
    It was a pleasure to meet evryone, and I look forward to some future rides. (Mansbridge and German beer afterwords

Thanks to all...

cheers....

Smiley

Hey Colin...Im in Oakville too, so if your up for a ride sometime, be it local or otherwise, drop me a line..

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Good job! It was not bad,

except the fact I put a bid dent in my front wheel rim and probably it will need to be replaced . I really enjoyed meeting everyone as well as beer/chat after clinic. Thanks to Smiley for all the time and efford he has to put into organizing this event.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley
    ...and I look forward to some future rides. (Mansbridge and German beer afterwords ...
    We are planing to ride in Mansfield on Saturday arounf 11:00AM, so join us if you don't have different plans.

Mar 2004
    I am still thinking about those stairs...It's funny how people that don't ride react to me saying that I rode up three stairs...And there's other say oh wow that is amazing...I don't have to say that the clinic has helped me tackle curbs now I am actually not touching the curb with my front wheel now...Which is a major plus for me...Most likely I'll probably do the womens clinic next summer. It was great getting out and meeting people and putting faces to names. I always love a little peer pressure...It helps...Without it I wouldn't have done the stairs.

Members who have read this thread: 0