Hello all... who wants to ride weekdays ? !- Mtbr.com
    2-wheel junkie

... and if we just ... Hello all... who wants to ride weekdays ? !

Hey MTBREC

A little introduction from a newish member:

I'm pretty new to these forums but not to the site. Been riding since 1997, ride trails in South Ontario area mostly.Live in Brampton. 2006 is the most riding I've done since 97-01. btw 2001 was the year I got my supersport motorcycle. And you thought mountain biking was an expensive sport !

So with the curtailing of motorcycle activities (street only, no more trackdays at Mosport and Shannonville) due to my new hou$e and with the re-kindling my love of mountainbiking due to having to only work 3 days a week (Th-Fr-Sa) I have all this time to ride!!!!

The hitch? I ride Mon - Tues - Wed during the late morning / early afternoon so I have to go solo all the time. Everyone is working(sigh)

My riding plans for the rest of the summer

Mondays - places further than 1 hour from Brampton like Hardwood, Buckwallow, Ravenshoe. Places that I have never been to like Kolapore, 3 Rocks/Glen Major, Waterdown, Don Valley I may need a local trail map or a friendly guide. But I like exploring and have a good sense of direction.

Wednesdays- "local to me" like Kelso, Hilton Falls, Albion and Hydrocut. I know these places well obviously. I have these 4 on rotation for Wednesdays to keep from boredom.

Well thanks for reading. for those with a different work schedule - let's ride.

If you're faster than me, cool, I need to step up my game anyway. If you are somewhat new, that's cool too cause I like to teach

Cheers,
    Rick
    Last edited by RD23; 07-23-2006 at 08:09 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RD23
    Hey MTBREC

A little introduction from a newish member:

I'm pretty new to these forums but not to the site. Been riding since 1997, ride trails in South Ontario area mostly.Live in Brampton. 2006 is the most riding I've done since 97-01. btw 2001 was the year I got my supersport motorcycle. And you thought mountain biking was an expensive sport !

So with the curtailing of motorcycle activities (street only, no more trackdays at Mosport and Shannonville) due to my new hou$e and with the re-kindling my love of mountainbiking due to having to only work 3 days a week (Th-Fr-Sa) I have all this time to ride!!!!

The hitch? I ride Mon - Tues - Wed during the late morning / early afternoon so I have to go solo all the time. Everyone is working(sigh)

My riding plans for the rest of the summer

Mondays - places further than 1 hour from Brampton like Hardwood, Buckwallow, Ravenshoe. Places that I have never been to like Kolapore, Durham Forest, Waterdown, Don Valley I may need a local trail map or a friendly guide. But I like exploring and have a good sense of direction.

Wednesdays- "local to me" like Kelso, Hilton Falls, Albion and Hydrocut. I know these places well obviously. I have these 4 on rotation for Wednesdays to keep from boredom.

Well thanks for reading. for those with a different work schedule - let's ride.

If you're faster than me, cool, I need to step up my game anyway. If you are somewhat new, that's cool too cause I like to teach

Cheers,
    Rick
    Welcome to MTBR, Rick!

Nice work schedule! Oh, I mean "work" schedule.

I'm a day shift guy, but have some vacation time coming up sometime (still need to book it). I'll be sure to post up when I do as i'll have plenty of time to ride and i'm always interested in meeting fellow MTBR members.
    I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

... and cookies. :D

rad to the power of sick
    im getting out to kelso tomorrow at 2pm..

2-wheel junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTO
    Welcome to MTBR, Rick!

Nice work schedule! Oh, I mean "work" schedule.

I'm a day shift guy, but have some vacation time coming up sometime (still need to book it). I'll be sure to post up when I do as i'll have plenty of time to ride and i'm always interested in meeting fellow MTBR members.
    Thanks Andrew

Looking forward to riding with you. Keep me posted!

mtbr member
    I usually try to get away to a farish destination (I am in Mississauga) to go biking when I can. I am in the same boat, university student doing freelance work with flexible hours from my house and none of my friends can go in the day, so I am always solo.

Recently I have been doing weekday trips when I can to hardwood (I love it there), trying to get up there for 9/10 and riding till 3 or 4 in the afternoon. I am fairly new so I am sure I'd get left in the dust, but if I can ever plan to go to Hardwood or something on a Monday when you are going we should meet up! Never been to any of the other places but would love to check them out sometime.

2-wheel junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by nspace
    but if I can ever plan to go to Hardwood or something on a Monday when you are going we should meet up! Never been to any of the other places but would love to check them out sometime.
    I'm thinking of going to Hardwood or Ravenshoe on July 31 !
    Let's ride...

mtbr member
    I was going to log on today and tell you I was definitely up for meeting up at hardwood or wherever. But today I met up with Misfit Psycles and friends who took me on a 65 km adventure through Bolton and Albion. I don't think I can gather up the energy to go tomorrow, but post next time you are going up in that area on a weekday and I will do my best to go on that day!

2-wheel junkie

... and if we just ...

nspace,

Going to Hydrocut in Waterloo on Wednesday morning.... early as possible before the heat gets unbearable. I was at Glen Major today and may go to Hardwood or Porcupine Ridge on Tues Aug 8th.

PM me or reply here so we can set something up.

So what was this ride through Bolton & Albion?
    65kms sure is a lot......

mtbr member
    Yo Rick! Booked some of my vacation time today. August 21st to 25th i've got the whole week off. We can figure something out later, Albion, Kelso, Kolapore, whatever, but as promised i'm letting you know.

2-wheel junkie
    Cool ATO

Let's see my little calendar.... I've penciled in Kolapore for that week. Tues. Aug 22nd to be exact. How does that sound ? I've never been there before and if I recall, you and a few others went not too long ago. Soooo.... you can be my trusted guide

Ever been to Porcupine Ridge? Or even Glen Major? I picked up an ON Trails book at MEC and I am so anxious to try all of these trails I've never been to

Later

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RD23
    Cool ATO

Let's see my little calendar.... I've penciled in Kolapore for that week. Tues. Aug 22nd to be exact. How does that sound ? I've never been there before and if I recall, you and a few others went not too long ago. Soooo.... you can be my trusted guide

Ever been to Porcupine Ridge? Or even Glen Major? I picked up an ON Trails book at MEC and I am so anxious to try all of these trails I've never been to

Later
    Tour guide?!??!!?! Oh ****, this guys nuts. I've been there all of once. Hmmm, better do some shopping. Let's see ..... compass, flare gun, bear spray, cougar spray, walkie talkies, CB radio, On-Star, GPS. There's something missing ...... oh yeah, breadcrumbs!

Oh, oops, i'm online now, aren't I?!?!?!?

Uhhh, Rick, as politely and briefly as I possibly can - me, tour guide at Kolapore? NO! I couldn't even get us there, let alone get us through it. Map required, then we'd be okay. We'd only need the breadcrumbs then.

Hey Michael!!!!!!!!! I know you're reading! I need that map you got! JHB, where'd he get that map?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!??!

Oh, the Tuesday part is fine for me, Rick. Let's see about me getting "The Map" by then. I'm on it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTO
    Tour guide?!??!!?! Oh ****, this guys nuts. I've been there all of once. Hmmm, better do some shopping. Let's see ..... compass, flare gun, bear spray, cougar spray, walkie talkies, CB radio, On-Star, GPS. There's something missing ...... oh yeah, breadcrumbs!

Oh, oops, i'm online now, aren't I?!?!?!?

Uhhh, Rick, as politely and briefly as I possibly can - me, tour guide at Kolapore? NO! I couldn't even get us there, let alone get us through it. Map required, then we'd be okay. We'd only need the breadcrumbs then.

Hey Michael!!!!!!!!! I know you're reading! I need that map you got! JHB, where'd he get that map?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!??!

Oh, the Tuesday part is fine for me, Rick. Let's see about me getting "The Map" by then. I'm on it.
    Hey no panic:

Stop in at Kamikaze (sp?) Bike store in Collingwood on your way up. Chances are the locals there can also tell you trail conditions based on recent rains.

Otherwise the general store in Kolapore used to carry the map as well.

Happy spining
    Stosh

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Well.. with the job I have now my schedule changes every week. Some weeks I have the wekeend off, sometime I have 1 day off during the week, sometimes 2 days during the week, sometimes 3 days during the week.. well u get the idea i'm sure!

I'm not a "professional" mtb'r per say, but i like to hit the trails with my bike and get a good sweat goin. I prefer the quieter trails to the heavy used trails. I don't go every day but whenever I can. Anyhow it's gettin kinda lonesome going alone all the time so if anyone else wants to ride lemme know too!!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0