Hardwood Hills- Mtbr.com

Thread: Hardwood Hills

Sir Hurt Locker

Hardwood Hills

I went to Hardwood Hills for the first time today and it was amazing. For cross country trails the place is heaven and it has enough technical and fast downhill sections to keep the more aggressive trail biker happy. I was very impressed with the trails and will definately be returning in the future. Here's a short video of todays ride:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fkfEg7urMF0&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fkfEg7urMF0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    Cheers,

Seb

Keep pedaling...
    Apr 2008
    Great vid!

Makes me excited to eventually go riding there this summer. Thanks for sharing that!

bi-winning
    Great job on the video.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

All my faucets is Moen.
    Great Video!

I've been thinking about going up to Hardwood one weekend and checking it out, I haven't been there either. Looks like a great time and I'll have to make it sooner rather than later.

I think I recognize you 2_Tires. Did you race in the Lake to Lake, 4th wave? I think we ended up riding most of the course together.

mtbr member
    nice vid!
    Do you hire out?

Looking for Adventure
    Not too shabby !!!

There is a reason why Hardwood has stayed on the Canada Cup circuit all these years. Even though the westerners will blah, blah, blah you about how great the west is to ride, there is no tight, deep, dark, and twisty trails like the east.
    SUCCESS - To be able to spend life in your own way

mtbr member
    It's funny because I'd only been there once before the Canada Cup and that was for the Fall Epic 8 Hour last year. I don't know why I judged the terrain based on a relay-course, but I had assumed it was all pretty fast, non-technical terrain. Boy did I find out how wrong I was when I pre-rode for the Canada Cup! Not that I'm complaining... that course beat the crap out of me, and I loved every minute of it, despite crashing in the dirt jumps and rolling my tire off the rim (plus a crash in the bone-shaker.. plus a crash on the ramp->boulder.. hehehe). At least I provided great entertainment in the spectator areas!

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by somnambulant
    It's funny because I'd only been there once before the Canada Cup and that was for the Fall Epic 8 Hour last year. I don't know why I judged the terrain based on a relay-course, but I had assumed it was all pretty fast, non-technical terrain. Boy did I find out how wrong I was when I pre-rode for the Canada Cup! Not that I'm complaining... that course beat the crap out of me, and I loved every minute of it, despite crashing in the dirt jumps and rolling my tire off the rim (plus a crash in the bone-shaker.. plus a crash on the ramp->boulder.. hehehe). At least I provided great entertainment in the spectator areas!
    It's been a long time since i have rode hardwood, other than Canada Cups and relays, but i think there is a lot more fun stuff that they don't even fit into the Canada Cup course. The good variety helps to keep it high on my list of favourite riding spots.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Sir Hurt Locker
    Quote Originally Posted by thedumbopinion
    Great Video!

I've been thinking about going up to Hardwood one weekend and checking it out, I haven't been there either. Looks like a great time and I'll have to make it sooner rather than later.

I think I recognize you 2_Tires. Did you race in the Lake to Lake, 4th wave? I think we ended up riding most of the course together.
    Yeah, I did the Lake to Lake, I was in the fourth wave, #850. The name's Sebastian by the way.
    Cheers,

Seb

Sir Hurt Locker
    No I edit all my own videos, my first videos are crap but they keep getting better and better. At the end of the season I am gonna put together a DVD of all my trips from Moab to Vermont to Blue Mountain to Hardwood and more. Next season I think I may buy an HD camcorder and keep progressing in the video department as well as in my biking.
    Cheers,

Seb

Sir Hurt Locker
    Thank you for all the comments, I appreciate you taking the time to watch my video. I will be posting more videos as I keep exploring the trails in this province. Thanks again.
    Cheers,

Seb

Moderator Moderator
    Awesome vid, I'm diggin' the tunes

I was actually just at Hardwood on Saturday, seen that they have made some changes to the Serious trail. I've got to get back up there a few times this year, its worth the 3.5 hour drive

Slick Rick
    I like it so much I think I might go today!

It helps when you are a 10 min drive.

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanb
    It helps when you are a 10 min drive.

lucky......

Slick Rick
    Quote Originally Posted by RatchAttack
    lucky......
    I went and did the Gnarly trail.

Wow did that kick my ass. It was a never-ending battle!

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanb
    I went and did the Gnarly trail.

Wow did that kick my ass. It was a never-ending battle!
    Ah, Gnarly, love it.
    Radical is my nemesis, hahaha.

Sir Hurt Locker
    I will be riding radical and serious this weekend. Probably cool down with the fun 6k and then head for some beers
    Cheers,

Seb

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 2_Tires
    I will be riding radical and serious this weekend. Probably cool down with the fun 6k and then head for some beers

sounds like a seriously radical time
    I'm already itching to go back.... I was just there this weekend... whats wrong with me
    I think I'll get my fill next month, I'm considering taking on the summer 8 hour relay race solo.

Sir Hurt Locker
    Yeah I am doing that race, hopefully in a team of four but right now there is only two of us going for sure. Can't wait to ride there again!
    Cheers,

Seb

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Hey!
    anyone from barrie/area.
    I'm planning on going up to Hardwood Hills this weekend to do some rippin. ive got approx 1 other person goin with me. i'd like a group of 3-5 somewhere in there. not too big not too small. I live about 5 min drive from hardwood. Cost with student card is 10.50. People with cars: Please be kind and see if can pick up anyone that lives in your area if you plan on coming. PM me ( SAVAGE-RIDER ) if you want to come so i can do a head count and see how many people want to go.

Thanks.

EDIT*

you will need a ride to and from hardwood hills as i am getting a ride with my parents i will probably be able to take one or two people (if you don't have curved head tubes) so if anyone wants to come (if you have a car) please try to arrange and see if you can pick a few ppl up.

Sir Hurt Locker
    Seriously Savage-Rider, one thread is enough. You don't have to post the same thing in three threads.
    Cheers,

Seb

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    k sorry. just tryin to get it out there. just a little worried no onw will look.

mtbr member
    Nice video but dude , get some riding shorts
    Those are for the beach

Sir Hurt Locker
    Hahaha. Those are riding shorts, Hoss Panderosa mtb shorts with chamois. Best pair of biking shorts I've owned!
    Cheers,

Seb

Members who have read this thread: 0