hardtailers in Toronto?- Mtbr.com

Sep 2004

hardtailers in Toronto?

As the subject says...

I ride a hardtail, I'm o.k at riding. Looking for other hardtail riders who live in Toronto to hit the trails with! God, this sounds like a personal ad. Hahaha!!!

Anyways, the reason I ask about HT riders is because the FS guys'll be hucking drops and whatnot and well, I can't cause I don't wanna break my bike doing 5 ft. airs

Anyways, if there's anyone here who's not a pro (who's alright at riding cause I'm still working on my skills), reply here and maybe we can all hit the trails sometime.

I'm already planning on doing the Sporting Life Wednesday Night Rides.
    I'm not exceptional rider, but I really enjoy getting out there and challenging myself (and getting my endurance up cause it stinks!)

Generally, I hit Buckwallow, Durham Forest, Ravenshoe and the Don. I'd like to do Hardwood Hills and 3 Stages this year.

Oh, and quite possibly the 8 Hours For Luke in September.

So hopefully there'll be some replies here and people to ride with!

Mar 2004
    I use a HT XC bike
    I can't do drops and crazy stuff
    I'm still working on some basic skill
    I'm an very average amature rider
    I ride at albion hills and want to try durham this year
    I also plan to start learning DH this year at BM so I might also interested in hitting 3 stage sometime.
    Guess I'm a good candidate er..

Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by beegblock
    As the subject says...

I ride a hardtail, I'm o.k at riding. Looking for other hardtail riders who live in Toronto to hit the trails with! God, this sounds like a personal ad. Hahaha!!!

Anyways, the reason I ask about HT riders is because the FS guys'll be hucking drops and whatnot and well, I can't cause I don't wanna break my bike doing 5 ft. airs

Anyways, if there's anyone here who's not a pro (who's alright at riding cause I'm still working on my skills), reply here and maybe we can all hit the trails sometime.

I'm already planning on doing the Sporting Life Wednesday Night Rides.
    I'm not exceptional rider, but I really enjoy getting out there and challenging myself (and getting my endurance up cause it stinks!)

Generally, I hit Buckwallow, Durham Forest, Ravenshoe and the Don. I'd like to do Hardwood Hills and 3 Stages this year.

Oh, and quite possibly the 8 Hours For Luke in September.

So hopefully there'll be some replies here and people to ride with!

I am always looking for people to ride with in Durham forest & Glen Major. It does get a bit boring riding solo sometimes.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

me too !

Me too. count me in. You guys got to warn me early if you want me to ride at durham forest.

Sep 2004
    Cool.
    Alright, my name's Jay and my e-mail is [email protected]

e-mail me and maybe we can all meet up at Durham to do some riding!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Thursday

Any one up for a Thursday ride? Meet up @ 6:15?

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad-WL
    Any one up for a Thursday ride? Meet up @ 6:15?

is that a night ride? How long will the ride be? I have to pass on it. Traffic gridlock is killer on weekdays.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Evening Ride

Thats not AM.. I'd be dead if I tried to ride that early.

I will be riding until 8:00 or 8:30 depending on the fiancee.

This is Fly Gurlz durham chapter group ride so come see the gurlz in their fine fashion.

Last week I rode single track to Chico's fun run and completed all them and dropped out by superfly, headed to Walker Woods and rode singletrack down to bottom of glen major and back.

A bit excessive but a long ride.

They say I have a problem
    Some of us that do ride FS bikes aren't into the big stuff either....My wife and I both have short travel FS XC bikes and we love to ride XC...Hooking up sometime at Durham/Glen Major would be cool...

Rich
    "The meek shall inherit the earth"

Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad-WL
    Thats not AM.. I'd be dead if I tried to ride that early.

I will be riding until 8:00 or 8:30 depending on the fiancee.

This is Fly Gurlz durham chapter group ride so come see the gurlz in their fine fashion.

Last week I rode single track to Chico's fun run and completed all them and dropped out by superfly, headed to Walker Woods and rode singletrack down to bottom of glen major and back.

A bit excessive but a long ride.
    This week might not work for me but I'd be interested the next time you want to go.

banned
    Mar 2005

Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rbart4506
    Some of us that do ride FS bikes aren't into the big stuff either....My wife and I both have short travel FS XC bikes and we love to ride XC...Hooking up sometime at Durham/Glen Major would be cool...

Rich
    I should have stated that too. Even though I have a fs, I really am not into drops, jumps etc. I just like a smoother ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

New question here. night ride next week ok ?

I have to pass on this week night ride. I can ride next week with you guys. I would have to equip with full night gear such as lights.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    These are Evening rides, with lots of sun light left.. The sun sets at 8:30 or so, so plenty of sun light.

If your Wife / SO is looking to ride there is also a Fly Gurlz club that rides the same time. Have her join an ride with other Women.. she'll love it.

If anyone wants to go I'm there pretty much every Thursday, and I ride in Orono (East of Oshawa) every nice night just about.

Just post or PM a few days before.

I already rode that
    I took my niece out on a few rides and she enjoyed it, was looking to get her to try those women group rides but Im not to sure about that since she is still learning and besides her bike got stolen last year and hasnt been ona bike yet unless I set her up on my old bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    There was a first timer out on the last ride at Durham Forest with the Fly Gurlz, so no worries about being new.

She loved it from what I hear, she was climbing, clearing logs, and everything else in no time.

Chad

mtbr member
    HT?!?! Ohhh, I see, so because I have an FS bike I can't ride with you, huh? Alright... fine... be that way.

Of course i'm joking!!!!!!!! So, how about if I replace my rear shock with a piece of CNC'd aluminum or just set it to something crazy like 400 psi - can I play, too? Maybe I should see if "the Ex" still has my old bike in the garage? I bet they haven't even changed the door code. Hmmmm. TO to Durham Forest in 2 hours on a week night? Darn, I knew I should have bought a helicopter instead of a car!
    I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

... and cookies. :D

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rbart4506

Rich
    PUSSIES... RIDE YOUR BIKES LIKE THEY WERE MEANT TO BE RIDDEN!

*grin*

hehehe.. HI RICH!

I got my bike. It's a sorry set up but hey.. it was donated to me. I'm going to try to hit some trails this weekend and test her out! Hopefully I get out and ride with you this summer.

Amy - Not so Zippy - Tang

Jos

Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacebabe
    PUSSIES... RIDE YOUR BIKES LIKE THEY WERE MEANT TO BE RIDDEN!
    Jeez Amy... you're starting to sound like me in the bike thread on Tribe.

Durham was nice last weekend. I at one point managed to get in the middle of a pack... it felt like i was in a race. tonsofun!

I rebuilt the Schwinn... i need to replace my cogset still though. I gotta get one of those stupid cog extractor tools.

My Klein's rear tire has seen better days though...

- Jos

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jos
    Jeez Amy... you're starting to sound like me in the bike thread on Tribe.

Durham was nice last weekend. I at one point managed to get in the middle of a pack... it felt like i was in a race. tonsofun!

I rebuilt the Schwinn... i need to replace my cogset still though. I gotta get one of those stupid cog extractor tools.

My Klein's rear tire has seen better days though...

- Jos
    Who the what the....?!?!??!

hehehe...

I didn't go riding this weekend.

MUST GET BIKE TUNED!!!!