hamilton area?- Mtbr.com

Thread: hamilton area?

Mar 2005

hamilton area?

anyone in or around here? i'm from dundas and i'm always lookin to hook up with other riders.i ride the valley,escarpment,waterdown and i have been to kelso.thank god the snow is almost gone i want to ride.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Yup

Stinson & Wellington area.
    Check the other recent threads in this sub-forum... it's practically all Hamilton/Dundas folks.
    this space left intentionally blank

mtbr member
    I'm at King and Parkdale - still lots of snow in the woods.

mtbr member
    I used to live in Dundas, but i'm around Garth & Stonechurch now...I'll be riding lots this summer....

macming at gmail.com for msn and email

Cheers

Ming

They say I have a problem
    I'm in Dundas and so is my wife Shelly....We live at Brock St South and Hatt St....Right at the base of the escarpment...We ride the valley trails extensively and will be joining the road scene also...

We all have to hook up this summer for sure...

Rich
    "The meek shall inherit the earth"

Economy Stimulator
    Sep 2004
    Park row South and Lawrence - road or mountain

mtbr Decade+
    Stoney Creek Mountain - does that count?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I live at Whitney and Mericourt. Check out our yahoo club (harp_mtb -Hamilton Area Ride Post).

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/harp_mtb/

We'll be using this club come the good weather to annouce rides or arrange spontaneous outings on sunny afternoons, especially Fridays.

I am looking to starting a regular Wed. ride with a group of laid back people. I know that Freewheel does there Wed. rides, but I miss the laid back ambience of the old "Spin Cycle" rides.

Post up on harp_mtb or drop me an email if you want to ride

simon at steelcityracing.ca

Simon

Economy Stimulator
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by fatguysmiling
    I live at Whitney and Mericourt. Check out our yahoo club (harp_mtb -Hamilton Area Ride Post).

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/harp_mtb/

We'll be using this club come the good weather to annouce rides or arrange spontaneous outings on sunny afternoons, especially Fridays.

I am looking to starting a regular Wed. ride with a group of laid back people. I know that Freewheel does there Wed. rides, but I miss the laid back ambience of the old "Spin Cycle" rides.

Post up on harp_mtb or drop me an email if you want to ride

simon at steelcityracing.ca

Simon
    wednesday is road nite with the ladies outta westdale!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by teebor76xc
    wednesday is road nite with the ladies outta westdale!
    Sweet! Is this an open thing. What level is the riding? My wife is new to the road thing, but wants to ride with a good group of women.

Simon

mtbr member
    I live in Dundas, on Parkside.

Our group rides wednesday nights and saturday mornings, all year round.

Mar 2005
    cool we should get a group ride together when the weather is better.but i do the wed. night rides with freewheel. this will be my wifes first year on the trails.

Mar 2004
    I'm the wife Rich talks about...

I've never seen a group of women mtbers all together...Maybe there are more women in the road side then on the trails...

Shell

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by teebor76xc
    Park row South and Lawrence - road or mountain
    Teebor, I kinda like that little bit of single track across Lawrence Rd. from you up to the Kenilworth access. I think we should have stuff like that right across the city along the escarpment. I was going to bring up the subject at the next Hamilton Cycling Committee meeting on March 30, but a grudge match hockey game has come up that I can't miss, so I can't make it to the meeting. I'll send them an email and see what happens.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    yeah i cant wait until the snow is gone to finally get out. im right by Cootes/Main w.

ive only been cycling a few spots around hamilton, not exactly sure where they were either (was on a group ride).

Mar 2005
    hey charlie who was the group ride with? a bike shop? if it was local you might have been in the valley

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bratboy
    hey charlie who was the group ride with? a bike shop? if it was local you might have been in the valley
    it was actually with the McMaster Cycle co-op. We went down the rail trail, through dundas valley, came out in ancaster, and then down part of the Radial-Trail, and back towards McMaster through the rail yard. i dont remember the exact details of the route we took through dundas valley to ancaster though.

Economy Stimulator
    Sep 2004
    My girlfriend rides with the chick's group outta freewheel. not i though.

Mar 2005
    hey teebor how long has she been riding? and how hard do they ride? my wife will be hitting the trails this summer for the first time.also why don't you ride with on wed.? it's good ride with some really good people.

Economy Stimulator
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bratboy
    hey teebor how long has she been riding? and how hard do they ride? my wife will be hitting the trails this summer for the first time.also why don't you ride with on wed.? it's good ride with some really good people.

My gf has been riding with them all last summer. I sent her to freewheels' womens' learn to mountain bike clinic-one in may(04) i believe (as girls hate learning from guys - we ride different - do yourself a favor and send her - best $50 i ever spent) The ride is challenging but not difficult - its always in the dundas valley - its all about having fun. I ride with a group of roadies outta westdale on wednesdays. Plus i know how freewheel frowns on hardtails! lol

Mar 2005
    they don't frown on hard tails. i ride one so do alot of them.even the own rides a hard tail unless he's at blue.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    South mountain here. I started riding last year, and would like to step it up a bit this year. I'm also thinking about a road bike.

Give'r or go home!!

In Waterdown - Moved here from Dundas

Ride the Waterdown trails and Kelso a lot. Used to ride the Valley and the MAC campus but I haven't been in the valley for a while and the MAC 5-0 has been asking bikers who are doing anything interesting like stairs or drops to take a hike. Also, does VInce really ride a 29" hardtail on group rides?
    The more you give'r the more fun you have!

Mar 2005
    yes vince does ride a 29" gary fisher hard tail.i thought it was odd.i know he rides a santa cruz when he's at blue mountain

They say I have a problem
    Actually a 29" HT would be a perfect bike for the valley trails...which is what they do on their mid-week group rides...
    "The meek shall inherit the earth"

Apr 2005
    Nice to meet you. I'm up in Freelton. I ride Waterdown most of the time because it's convenient and its awsome. I like to get out to Kelso on weekends. I bought a seasons pass at Blue for this summer so I'll be up there on weekends hopefully. ...can't tell what type of riding you're into but my rig weighs about 45 lbs so if your into xc I guess I'll be eating your dust.

Apr 2005
    Im on Oakville. Near dundas as well. We should ride sometime if you want. Im new nor have a bike rite now.. Thats y im here. But im crazy as hell.

Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GinoLicious
    Im on Oakville. Near dundas as well. We should ride sometime if you want. Im new nor have a bike rite now.. Thats y im here. But im crazy as hell.

Im from Oakville close to Dundas also. Just off Postmaster. Where abouts do you live?

We should all meet up and go for a ride at kelso somtime.

Jay

Mar 2005
    i live in the town of dundas. which is beside west hamilton north of ancaster. not dundas st. (hwy. 5).some people need to get out more.

Jun 2004

My two cents....

I'm at Kenilworth and Main in East Hamilton. I really miss the Red Hill Creek trails. Not terribly challenging, but good for a quick after work ride.

As far as womens ride groups, I think there is a group at Kelso on Wednesday's. Atleast last year there was.