Halton Agreement Forest on Pinkbike- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Halton Agreement Forest on Pinkbike

Was surfing while bored at work and saw this.
    Trailforks Trail of the Month: The Boundary Trail - Pinkbike

mtbr member
    I began riding there last winter on my fat bike and have been living there this summer. You gotta like rocks. If you do, this place is like nowhere around. I finally rode every trail mid summer. Highly recommend it, but try to get out with someone that knows the place. Defiant FB page or HAFTA FB page will get you in contact with people that love this place.

db9
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Never ridden there - looking at the pictures in the article is that representive of what the trails are like? using the map which trails would you start with as a introduction and working upwards in degree of difficulty (looking at self preservation here) any comparisons to other area's I may have ridden (Kelso, Hardwood, Buckwallow among others)

Thx

mtbr member
    They show some pretty aggressive examples, and there are those. It is not as intimidating as it seems in the article. Having said this, I ride in flats, put the dropper low, got wider rims, wider bars and Hans Dampf tires to ride there regularly. If you shoot me a PM and don't mind a slow guy, I can give you a nice tour around.

I would say avoid beginning at Hilton Falls. The trails there are actually harder than the northern part which is the Agreement Forest. I would park at the Mohawk Racetrack at the very north eastern part. There are often cars with racks there.
    Come in across the street. You will see the trail head and a small parking lot. If you head to your left (north) you will be immediately into the rocks and some pretty technical riding.
    I suggest following the double track all the way to the end. It veers left and follow that. It comes to an opening to another double track. Follow the first single track to the right. This will take you toward I will allow it, Imba, trail, the pines. You will come out to some double track that runs east west. you will want to go east toward sixth line and hit hidden gem, perry's portage, nomad and chain reaction. As you begin going south and toward the middle, the trails get a bit harder and then into full on rocks. Hilton Hwy, five bridges, wandering lynx, wally and the beav, bent rim and the bruce stuff are all hard and full of rocks.

Feel free to PM me with an email address and I can mark up the trail map for you or anyone that wants one. I have to warn you that the place is not marked at all at the Agreeement forest and is not great at Hilton either specially if you end up on Wondering Lynx, and a wrong turn can get you way off course and turned around. It is hard to follow a map even if you have one.
    Burnt Norton

mtbr member
    ^ This is all good advice.

If you need an address for GPS, the little trailhead parking lot is 9475 Guelph Line, Campbellville.

mtbr member
    I downloaded and used the Trailforks app for Agreement Forest and Hilton Falls and it works just great. I stopped at a few trail heads and they are spot on when on the map. This is a great resource not to get lost. I also used their route building tool and created an easier loop. It is called Agreement Forest Easy. They did a great job with this. Kudos.
    Burnt Norton

mtbr member

Halton Agreement Forest on Pinkbike

@Secret Agent Thank you for the intro loop!

Great app. It was invaluable while in BC and exploring trails without cellular service.