Good trails in Bancroft Ontario?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Good trails in Bancroft Ontario?

Does anyone know of any good trails in the Bancroft area? Iíll be spending some time there this summer and was hoping thereíd be some good places to ride. I was up there this past weekend, and tried out the Vance Farm Park trails. Thereís some nice terrain in there, but it was mostly four-wheeler trails and doubletrack, and although there was a ton of climbing, the terrain wasnít that challenging coming back down. I eventually found some poorly marked singletrack, but it looked like it had never even been ridden, and it was extremely difficult to stay on the trail as I kept losing it!

I heard the Eagleís Next trails are OK too, but Iíve never tried them?

mtbr member

Wink I'm gonna get flamed, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Freerider
    Does anyone know of any good trails in the Bancroft area? Iíll be spending some time there this summer and was hoping thereíd be some good places to ride. I was up there this past weekend, and tried out the Vance Farm Park trails. Thereís some nice terrain in there, but it was mostly four-wheeler trails and doubletrack, and although there was a ton of climbing, the terrain wasnít that challenging coming back down. I eventually found some poorly marked singletrack, but it looked like it had never even been ridden, and it was extremely difficult to stay on the trail as I kept losing it!

I heard the Eagleís Next trails are OK too, but Iíve never tried them?
    Well, I may get slapped for suggesting this, but Silent Lake Provincial park has some hiking trails that aren't frequented often by hikers. Most of them are rideable and have some great technical rocky sections. There are riding trails there too, but they are okay at best. If you want some technical trails hit the hiking trails. I don't recall seeing any no bicycle signs, so use at your own risk.

I already rode that
    Some hiking trails are fun to ride.
    Riding F/S since oct 94'

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Freerider
    Does anyone know of any good trails in the Bancroft area?

I heard the Eagle’s Next trails are OK too, but I’ve never tried them?
    Get in touch with these people. http://www.tripsandtrails.ca/

Just down the road from the Tim Hortons with the best ever drive thru view.

Michael

Members who have read this thread: 0