Go Leafs Go!!!!- Mtbr.com

Thread: Go Leafs Go!!!!

T.Dot Represent

Go Leafs Go!!!!

anyone going top the game on wednesday??? ill be watching ti from my good'old couch!
    fiiiiiiiiiiiinchizzzzzzzzzzle

mtbr member

Good job! going to game 5 if there is one.

i tried to get 2 tickets yesterday for fridays game and they wanted 450 for upper greys on the goal line,little to pricey for my poverty $80,000 school debted ass. so we orderd 8 tickets from ticketmaster last night for game 5 in philly if there is one for 391us dollars with service charges. heres a pic from the front page of the hamilton spectator when we went down to nc to see game 5 two years ago. im the one top left.
    go leafs, but let be reasonable tampa and san jose in the final tampa in 6 khabubulin will have the new shut out record by then.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by maynard; 04-27-2004 at 01:57 PM.
    If I wanted to objectify a women I'd do it on my terms not theirs.

T.Dot Represent
    we need nolan to come back... and i honestly think that they should play mogilny less. he hasnt contributed enough in the playoffs.

im thinking this would be a sick line. Sundin, Roberts and Newandyk!!!!

hey do u know where i can get a new jersey for cheap?

they r retailingfor like 250 near me... kinda pricey?

where aboudts do u live i live at yorkmills and DVP

if u wanna check out the traisl we ride check out my site

http://www.t-dot-freeride.150m.com

Jan 2004

hmmm

$250? yiks! You could buy some bike upgrades with that money. Atleast the upgrades will still be good in a week. haha Anyhow I am going for the Leafs but I don't think they will make it past this round.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    the leafs are lucky to still be playing hockey. They should not have beat Ottawa in the first round.
    Had it been Ottawa and Philly Ottawa could handle them. The leafs are looking old and haggard these days and the only reason they are still playing is because of Belfour....and one person does not a team make!

And if Ottawa fired Martin then when the leafs exit they ought to fire Quinn

Jan 2004

however:

But, they did beat Ottawa! Plus they were/still are missing some key guys. If they were not missing any of their key players they would be putting up a heck of a lot better match against Philly. Its just to bad that of the 5 Canadian teams, only 1 had a first round against an American team. But not much you can do about the format.

Warp speed, Mr. Sulu!

Hey Finchy,

hey do u know where i can get a new jersey for cheap?

they r retailingfor like 250 near me... kinda pricey?
    Try National Sports. I picked up my Belfour jersey there last year at playoff time for about $125 if I recall correctly. I'm not sure how many locations they have, but I got mine here in Brampton. Mississaga has one down on Dundas St.

That's the best place I could find for a good deal, and tons of Leaf paraphenalia.

Mike

bi-winning

I'm behind the leafs

Quote Originally Posted by finchy
    anyone going top the game on wednesday??? ill be watching ti from my good'old couch!
    i've watched all the leafs playoff games on the couch, and will continue to until they r done. The big screen and 5.1 sound make it pretty good. Nothing beats being there though... I saw the leafs last time they traveled to Buffalo... it was amazing. I can only imagine the playoffs...

GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO
    Have i made my point

mtbr member

finchy you shold try

the jersey store in fairview mall, sheppard and donmills i think, i got my roberts 3rd jersey for 159 there but if you can get the jerseys for cheep at national let me know, im looking for a leetch jersey.
    i live in thornhill during the school season, which just finished, i just graduated from york, im moveing back there next year, as i start chiropractic school at steeles and leslie. Right now i live in hamilton with mymom.
    me and the girlfreind ride atleast twice a week even more when we dont have to work, any time you want to ride let me know, we just got back from riding in North Carolina, and where going to go to blue mountain some time in the next couple of weeks, then broemont in june, hopefully during the week so it wont be packed.
    later and good luck with the jersey search.
    STEVE
    If I wanted to objectify a women I'd do it on my terms not theirs.

Jan 2004

I'm there on Friday.....

.... and God, I hope it isn't a final game four....
    I don't think I could stand it if they went out while I was at the ACC.
    They need the guys like Sundin and Mogilny to start scoring. Hopefully Nieuwendyk (sp?) will be back... no sign of Nolan yet unfortunately! Can't believe that Domi has been the best player in these two series! Go Domi Go!!!
    And get in Esche's face.... have Marchment bang the net a few times to get him off his game....
    And to get rid of Kaberle.... good what a waste!
    Bring in Stajan for godness sake!

How is that for a bunch of thoughts strung together!

I'll be on the couch tonight, and hopefully it will be a win!
    Go Leafs Go!

Apr 2004
    Joe Nieuwendyk is out, Wade Belak is in. Quinn is reuniting the Roberts / Sundin / Mogilny top line.

Must win tonight.

Go Leafs go!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Finchy,

There's a good store on Yonge about half-way between Lawrence and York mills, on the west side. The name is escaping me right now...but they've got decent prices, and lots of stuff...vintage jersey designs, etc. The also frequently have players there signing autographs...I saw Alexei Ponikarovsky there just before the playoffs started.

I'm praying aweful hard that the leafs win tonite. I agree that they really need to get into Esche's space....crowd him, interfere with him, don't be afraid to take a few penalties doing it. I guess step up the physical game as a whole (and cross my fingers that they don't injure themselves doing it).

Just my 2 cents..l.

Shibby

T.Dot Represent
    ok the leafs are my fav team.... but still... these guys are pissing me off!

sundin, mogilny ROBERTS, these guys should be scoring. DOMI SHOUNT BE dont get me wrong hes a good player but sundin isnt being paed 9 million to skate around.. and mogliny is a f**king figure skater lol they would do better if quin strapped on a pair of skates and played for him!!!!

i wonder if they can do that>>> that would be sick!!!!!

sock puppet

just came back from the game...

awesome game. if only fans knew that Esche's nickname was Bobby... some were yelling Rooooobert... funny...

Leafs in 7

sock puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by skihillguy
    the leafs are lucky to still be playing hockey. They should not have beat Ottawa in the first round.
    Had it been Ottawa and Philly Ottawa could handle them. The leafs are looking old and haggard these days and the only reason they are still playing is because of Belfour....and one person does not a team make!

And if Ottawa fired Martin then when the leafs exit they ought to fire Quinn
    Leafs certainly didnt look old and haggard tonight.

And firing coach Martin was weak. You can win the Cup with ballerinas that play for Ottawa, and with the captain Carrot Head... Simply cant.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

fans

Great game, now I officially declare (again) that we will win the cup. I may change my mind after Friday though...

I somewhat notice when watching the game on TV, but even more when I'm at a game, that are fans at the game (particularly those in platinum/gold) are generally idiots. They cheer/boo at the wrong times and really have no idea about the ins/outs of hockey. They tend to be a somber bunch with little spirit and even less knowledge. I guess this is what you get when the tickets cost more than the next bike I will buy....

Jan 2004

Oh please....

.... those platinum suckers don't pay for the tickets.....
    Most of it is corporate seating. That is the problem .... they are more interested in the free drinks and food than the game. I wish I could get a seat closer to the ice so that my son and I could go to a game.... I would pay the price for one night to go.... once in a lifetime opportunity and all that.... but you can't get 'em!
    Well the rest of us will have to be extra loud on Friday (i'll be there but way up in the purples.... can't complain too much I guess) to get them to tie the series up at home.....
    Go Leafs Go!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I was lucky enough to get a couple of platinum tickets (second row from the ice beside the player's bench!) earlier in the season. My girlfriend's dad got them from a client, and he threw his back out, so gave them to me! It was awesome, especially since the player cross the hallway to get to their bench/dressing room, so you can stand there and watch them go by. It was definitely a once in a lifetime experience (for me at least). I have to agree that yeah most of the people in those seats are lame and CLEARLY do not understand the game, know the players, or any of the history behind anything that is going on. It's a waste, really. Not all of them are like that...but a lot are. BTW...no free drinks or food in the platinum section, unless you have a box in the back...in which case there is free food/drinks, and your own bartender. if you're curious, the price on the tickets I had was $220 each, I can't imagine what the same seats will be tonite!

Anyway, I'll be one of the drunk obnoxious people at the bars downtown tonite watching the game. Hopefully the leafs can carry the momentum through to tie things up.

Shibby

T.Dot Represent
    ive got a 6 pack of blue in the fridge along with a 12 pack of smirnoff ice in the fridge... IM SET

sock puppet

i'll be in your seats toinght...

i'll shake up some suits down there... promise!

Looking for Adventure

Same old dreams.....

I've been living in this town (Toronto) all my life.
    Don't waste your energy.....it won't happen. Getting tired of those stupid flags on cars!!!!

Oh, to relive those glory days of the Montreal Canadians......now that was a team that won, and won a lot!

Toronto....never was ever there....not even in 1967.

sock puppet

werent HABS just SWEPT by floridans?

Quote Originally Posted by Ricksom
    I've been living in this town (Toronto) all my life.
    Don't waste your energy.....it won't happen. Getting tired of those stupid flags on cars!!!!

Oh, to relive those glory days of the Montreal Canadians......now that was a team that won, and won a lot!

Toronto....never was ever there....not even in 1967.
    i didnt know they play hockey in florida...

Looking for Adventure

That's why they don't win anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    i didnt know they play hockey in florida...
    But Ken Dryden (once the star goalie of the Habs) is really trying to relive those days.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    just remember, if the leafs lose in the second round they haven't gone any farther than Montreal did by losing four in a row. I think I am one of the few Ontarians who is tired of watching the leafs on the first game EVERY sat. night. I know I'm in the minority.

sock puppet

yes, you are in the minority...

Quote Originally Posted by jason74
    just remember, if the leafs lose in the second round they haven't gone any farther than Montreal did by losing four in a row. I think I am one of the few Ontarians who is tired of watching the leafs on the first game EVERY sat. night. I know I'm in the minority.
    thank god for that...

T.Dot Represent
    hockey is the 2nd greatest sport ever invented, first being mtb lol

but since its so crappy in Torotno, the weather i mean, i cant ride so i watch hockey!

i even play street... i would play ice but my feet dont seem to fit roller blades or ice skates, i dont know why but the pain gets so bad that my feet actually bruise and go numb after about 3 minutes of skating...

whe i ply street i use a 2 peice carbon stick i bought from walmart lol for 40 bucks! the shaft was good but the blade sucks so i snapped it off a slap shot bought a new one and now its goal after goal lool

ive even got a job at the new Sheppard and Leslie Canadian Tire!!! so hockey stuff will be even cheaper for me!!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

7-2...wow

Didn't yesterday's game sum up what being a Leaf fan is all about. Since I've followed the Leafs this has always been the story (great game followed by garbage, bounce back when you need to, but eventually lose when it counts). I just hope this isn't the case this week.

Go Leafs Go.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    i thought that was a bunch of wannabe's playing Philly yesterday
    The Leafs didn't even show up in philly.....maybe they missed the flight!!!!
    well by tomorrow night they will join the Sens on the golf course

mtbr member

Whats that?

I hear the Fat lady warming up..

Arrrrrrrrgoooooos lol

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    It's funny how many people I've seen in the last 2 days totally write off the leafs. It's a 3-2 series people, it ain't over til it's over. It's actually sad to see the fairweather fans that buy their Sundin and Belfour jerseys just as the season is coming to a close, and how they talk about Sundin having to show more leadership, and how the defense needs to step it up if the leafs hope to win the cup (how insightful!). The rats are starting to jump ship, but they'll be back in time for next year's playoffs.

I'm not referring to anyone here, necessarily...sounds like skihillguy isn't a leafs fan (from the sounds of his first post), not sure what the deal is with smiley, sounds like you are just trying to start ****, which is cool. It just wears on me how so many 'hardcore' hockey fans appear during the playoffs. I guess I wouldn't care so much if they didn't take all the good seats in front of the big screen at the pub

Anyway, enough of that rant. Go Leafs Go!!! And hats off to the real fans who have been watching since the pre-season.

Shibby

P.S. The leafs are clearly going to win tonite, and anyone who thinks that Belfour is going to have 2 'off' games in a row needs their heads checked. Tonite the win, game 7 will be a ***** though.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

hear you, but

I hear you Shibby, Leaf fans are fickle.

Although I do watch games from the pre-season right through to the finals (golf season for the Leafs), I am generally upset when the season ends, or looks like it's going to end, because it's another year gone by without Stanley. I would rather see fans generally upset at the Leafs' brass, captains, defense, etc., then always positive when there is little to be positive about. Forever now I've heard from people (friends, media) how Kaberla is a great defensemen, the future in fact. Well I understand the position of defense, and Kaberla is as bad as they get in his own end. Once he skates over the blue line, he may be our future, but when Primeau is in front of the net, Kaberla is a liability.

Fans are excited come game one of the playoffs, I get excited when they win a game, and would only get excited at the beginning of the game if it's the finals! When they play bad and lose I'm sour, when they play bad and win I'm sour; exact opposite on the win side.

Sorry for the rant, Go Leafs Go!

P.S. Prediction for tonight - 2-1 Leafs in OT.

bi-winning

Bonking ... not feelin' well Leafs are done

Quote Originally Posted by noonievut
    I hear you Shibby, Leaf fans are fickle.

Although I do watch games from the pre-season right through to the finals (golf season for the Leafs), I am generally upset when the season ends, or looks like it's going to end, because it's another year gone by without Stanley. I would rather see fans generally upset at the Leafs' brass, captains, defense, etc., then always positive when there is little to be positive about. Forever now I've heard from people (friends, media) how Kaberla is a great defensemen, the future in fact. Well I understand the position of defense, and Kaberla is as bad as they get in his own end. Once he skates over the blue line, he may be our future, but when Primeau is in front of the net, Kaberla is a liability.

Fans are excited come game one of the playoffs, I get excited when they win a game, and would only get excited at the beginning of the game if it's the finals! When they play bad and lose I'm sour, when they play bad and win I'm sour; exact opposite on the win side.

Sorry for the rant, Go Leafs Go!

P.S. Prediction for tonight - 2-1 Leafs in OT.

unfortunately, our beloved maple leafs have been defeated. It was a good game, but i think that the better team one this time around. I don't think that the flyers have what it takes to beat the lightening though. As for the leafs, i'm in shock, and i just don't know what to say....

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    now its time for the leafs to do some3 housecleaning...... get rid of McCabe
    Also get rid of Quinn since he can't get the leafs to the next level

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

McCabe

Get rid of McCable ( )...with the exception of some bone head plays in game 5, he is a top 5 defensemen in the league. It's often what a defensemen does away from the play that counts, and if you pay attention (not saying you don't) you would know that McCabe is a solid defensemen.

Quinn I agree with, only because they are destined not to win the cup with him behind the bench.

There is something to say when Domi is one of your best players in the playoffs...I guess some players show up when it counts, and some don't.

I love that Colarado and Detroit are out, spend all that $$$ and not win the cup

Go Flames Go!

T.Dot Represent
    i would like to point out that Pilar (pilash prounounced) got the first goal!

props to him, the guy hasnt played since march and hasnt scored since december and he comes out and SCORES the first goal for the leafs! im thinking that kaberle is going to have an ... unfortunate acident caused by domi and hes gunna be gone lol

kaberle was the reason the leafs lost. he F**KED up so many times in the series. he needs to wake up and realize that he is a good LEFT wing not defencemAN and get leech and mcabe the support they need and get another decent defenceman. i would also like to point out that mogilny, roberts, francis, and stajan didnt get to many goals... thats a big change !! especially for roberts! i think that if they had the team thye went into the playoffs with they would have done very well. i mean if they had NOLAN!!! owan nolan would have given the offense the added physical element that the leafs offence was lacking the entire playoffs, with teh exception of DOMI and tucker and sundin

mac
    high school Prom King

Leafs

Ummm...I don't think you can put the burden of the loss on one particular guy...the truth is they just didn't get it done...and they had a few opportunities.

That said, as far as individual play, the continued use of Antropov has to be questioned imho...but is it Antropov's play that needs to be blamed...or Quinn's decision to keep going to him?

mtbr member

You got me

"not sure what the deal is with smiley, sounds like you are just trying to start ****, which is cool." quote Shibby

Good call Shibby....you got me!
    Im a sports fan, I watch many different sports. Hockey is in the middle of the pack in terms of my own personal enjoyment and Im surrounded by the 'Leaf faithful' here at work so its fun to cause a little s***. (cue Rita McNeil....lol)

But I must say, Leaf fans are crazy(in a good way) Its too bad Toronto could not show that much support/interest in our other pro teams...ie Raptors or dare I say Argos

Oh well whats one more year added to ...37

Cheers

Looking for Adventure

Look Higher, Way Higher

Quote Originally Posted by skihillguy
    now its time for the leafs to do some3 housecleaning...... get rid of McCabe
    Also get rid of Quinn since he can't get the leafs to the next level
    Quinn is not the problem. Search higher.....
    The Leafs have been changing their coaches like underwear for the past 3 decades, and it hasn't made any difference.

Quinn is talented.....he brought the Canada team to the gold metal, didn't he (on short timetable may I add).

The Leafs have had this problem for the last 34 years; nothing has changed. Problem lies way up there in management and owners, and possibly the difference in funds available between Canadian teams and American ones in the NHL.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    time for everyone to jump off the boat until the playoffs next year. Leafs Mania.....blah, blah blah

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Err, Toronto has one of the highest payrolls in the league (5th I think), and 2 teams with some of the lowest payrolls (Calgary and Tampa Bay) are kicking ass. I dunno about Quinn sometimes, some of his line-up decisions have been kind of shaky.

Also, I'm all for having experienced guys to lead the team into the play-offs, but we gotta have some talented young players in there to carry the team through. You can't cross your fingers and hope that your stars stay healthy or that their recurring injuries don't flare up (ie: Nieuwendyk). Seriously, it's not a good balance. Who is ultimately responsible for this? Quinn? Pressure from upper management? Can't fire upper management, I guess...

As much as I defend the Leafs and don't give up on them, this was not a Stanley cup team. They couldn't possibly stay strong. After a terrible Ottawo series, I honestly believed that they would end up beating Philly, they were playing well for the most part, but they would have been physically destroyed, and Tampa would have wiped the floor with them. Even the 'play-off fans' can see that. McCabe choked a couple times, unfortunately that's all people remember. Roberts did a lot more in the Philly series than people give him credit for. He didn't score the goals, but more than anyone else by a longshot, he diminished the Flyers physical advantage.

Just my 2 cents, looking forward to next year!

Shibby

T.Dot Represent
    i would like t point out something aswell. the leafs were a BEAT up team

Nolan had like 2 torn muscles, sundin, newandyk and domi had groin injuries and DOMI HAD A BROKEN LEFT HAND!!!!considering that im not surprised that that was all they did in the playoffs.

also one should point out that francis is in his last or second last season.

the most solid player through out the series other then belfour was definitely Leech

sock puppet

you must have watched replays from 1967

i would like t point out something aswell. the leafs were a BEAT up team

Nolan had like 2 torn muscles, sundin, newandyk and domi had groin injuries and DOMI HAD A BROKEN LEFT HAND!!!!considering that im not surprised that that was all they did in the playoffs.

also one should point out that francis is in his last or second last season.

the most solid player through out the series other then belfour was definitely Leech
    Leetch was atrocious, together with McCabe...

best leaf's players were Sundin, Belfour, Tucker and Domi. Nieuwedyk was up there too, when he was healthy...

Leetch and McCabe combined for -9 points in game 5. sigh...

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

yeah well...

What paper do you write for again?

Why don't you check out the series +/- for Sundin and Tucker (not that good). Even with the bad game 5 McCabe had he still broke even. Doesn't matter any way, it's a team game and the Leafs team lost.

Wow, Domi was a +4 to lead his team...

sock puppet

bleh, i am just a fan

Quote Originally Posted by noonievut
    What paper do you write for again?

Why don't you check out the series +/- for Sundin and Tucker (not that good). Even with the bad game 5 McCabe had he still broke even. Doesn't matter any way, it's a team game and the Leafs team lost.

Wow, Domi was a +4 to lead his team...
    who watched all playoff games at the ACC this year and lot of league games as well...

Sundin was a real captain of the team (endorsed even by Joe Nieuwendyk, the man with 3 rings) who came out huge on few occasions and Tucker played his heart out much like Domi and Fitzerald...

you are entitled to your opinion, and i respect it.

i disagree with you though...Leetch and McCabe didnt perform well under pressure. end of the story...