Gatineau Park Group Rides- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Gatineau Park Group Rides

Hey All,

Does anyone know of (semi)organized trail rides in Gatineau Park? While it's not the sweetest trail riding out there, it would be nice to get out and make some new friends and have a beer afterwords (Chelsea Pub?) Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I would be game for something like that. I am just getting back into biking after a five year break and all my old riding buddies aren't riding anymore.
    Life is about the journey, not the destination

09 Trek EX8
    10 Trek 4500D

That's not a W
    Jul 2008
    Hi RKStar, if you aren't picky about it being in the park, OMBA does group rides at 7pm every thursday in Kanata. Beer at the Barley Mow after. Very welcoming, groups formed according to speed.
    They also do the occasional rides in the park on the weekends, watch for it in the forum.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by VVagabond
    Hi RKStar, if you aren't picky about it being in the park, OMBA does group rides at 7pm every thursday in Kanata. Beer at the Barley Mow after. Very welcoming, groups formed according to speed.
    They also do the occasional rides in the park on the weekends, watch for it in the forum.
    I have tried contacting them numerous times and haven't been able to get a response. I even sent the pres an e-mail that went unanswered, started wondering if they actually exsisted. Maybe i'll just show up and see what happens
    Life is about the journey, not the destination

09 Trek EX8
    10 Trek 4500D

That's not a W
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by backinthesadle
    I have tried contacting them numerous times and haven't been able to get a response. I even sent the pres an e-mail that went unanswered, started wondering if they actually exsisted. Maybe i'll just show up and see what happens
    Yes, just showing up is best. Last week there were 40+ people out. Ask someone to help you decide which group to be in.
    Good luck!

mtbr member
    Thanks for the replies. I have been out to Kanata Lakes on several occasions,solo and group rides - love it but also like Gatineau for its mellower training type rides. Speaking of Gatineau, rode a snowshoe trail on the east side of Lac Phillipe yesterday. Anyone know if this is illegal ? If so...whooops. Sorry. Regardless, its a great ride. Guess for now I will just head out and enjoy - see if a group forms at sometime in the future

Members who have read this thread: 0