FREERIDE/XC Location?- Mtbr.com

Feb 2006

FREERIDE/XC Location?

My girfriend and i live in Toronto. we would like to go riding this Sunday. What i would like from you guys is a good place to go. I ride advanced Freeride\Downhill, she rides intermediate XC. Is there a place that will keep us both amused thats within an hours drive from Toronto?

Thanks in advance.

I already rode that
    Is there such a place?
    Riding F/S since oct 94'

Feb 2006

beats me

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNewb
    Is there such a place?
    haha i have no idea thats why i'm asking. something with moderate freeride stuff would be ok. Maybe some bridges or drops.

mtbr member
    I haven't been to either (but planning to soon!), but Porcupine Ridge/buckawallow might fit the bill.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Stoufville side road and Bayview has a decent XC loop that runs about 7k and some freeride stuff such as some medium sized jumps, 5 foot drops, catwalks, and a teeter.

Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by m3talslug
    Stoufville side road and Bayview has a decent XC loop that runs about 7k and some freeride stuff such as some medium sized jumps, 5 foot drops, catwalks, and a teeter.

That sounds good . could you possibly gimmie directions on getting there and accessing the trail? I think i tried to find that place 2 yrs ago but couldnt find the trail head .

thanks

SASQUATCH!
    Maybe I'm missing something, but imho Hardwood Hills would probably meet your needs.

It's close to barrie so depending on time of day/week, it might be a bit further than 1 hour away---but not by much. It's got a ton of variety, everything from smooth, non-technical singletrack to some solid technical loops with man-made and natural stunts, dops etc. Most of the advanced loops are between 10-15k in length. People of all skill levels can ride there all day long and not get bored.

Plus there's a pretty decent playground area with all man-made obstacles and there's even a dedicated "downhill" course. It's relatively short, but you'd probably have some fun with it.

The only downside is it'll cost you a $12 fee...

http://www.hardwoodhills.ca/mtb/mtbmainframes.htm

cheers

I wonder why?

Ravenshoe is your best bet...

Ravenhoe will probably fit your needs. Much more extensive trail system compared to Stouffville/Bayview also known as Mosquito Coast for obvious reasons.

At Ravenshoe there are a few bridges, teeter totters, ramp drops, etc. And all in locations that your girl friend can ride to and around (while your showing off). Try the Big Meany, Pines loop, One Gee, etc.). There should be plenty of people around who can point you in the right direction.

While not too big in the hills department, there is a lot of very tight twisty technical single track.

To get there, take Hwy 404 north to the end (Green Line). Head east on Green Line to Woodbine then north on Woodbine until you reach Ravenshoe Road (about 10- 12 minutes). Go east on Ravenshoe road to McCowan, then south on McCowan about 800 meters to the parking lot (on the west side of the road). There will be plenty of cars in the parking lot.

From Hwy 401 to the parking lot it should take about 45 - 50 minutes.

Bring bug spray!!!!!

Have fun.

i1dry?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt.Saad
    That sounds good . could you possibly gimmie directions on getting there and accessing the trail? I think i tried to find that place 2 yrs ago but couldnt find the trail head .

thanks
    Best way to get there is to take the

404 North
    Exit on Stoufville and go West
    Look for a street to your LEFT called BridgeWater <-- park there.

If you hit Bayview, you've gone too far. The trailhead is across the road. There's a big gate so you can't miss it.

Follow the trail West for the dirtjumps and drops. Go East for the XC stuff.

Members who have read this thread: 0