First Ride of the Season- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2011

First Ride of the Season

Took my new Cinder Cone out for its first off road experience

Went to the Rockcliffe trails in Waterdown.

Tons of trails, I only had time to mess around for an hour or so, but it was good fun, learned a few new things about my bike.

I also had my first crash of the year, pretty emberassing yet funny at the same time.

I am ridingalong towards the end of my ride at about 15-20km/hr and there is a 1" stick in front of me about 4 feet long, with all the bark cleared off. My tires were pretty muddy and wet but I didnt think anything of it. It was at a 45o angle to me or so, but when my front tire hit that stick it just came right out from under me and put me down.

Didnt hurt and no damage the bike, was kind of fun actually it was nice soft ground I fell on, little bruise to the ego.

some pics

Cant wait to get back out there!

Looking for Adventure
    Nice! My first ride of the season was last Thursday evening. On a bike path, under cloudy and drizzly skies, and miserable cold. But, it had to be done!
    SUCCESS - To be able to spend life in your own way

mtbr member
    Sticks and roots on angles are always so much fun!!!

mtbr member
    Trails are too soft and muddy around here yet. There is still snow on them! I did see a couple of mountains bikes on a car heading in the direction on Mono Cliffs. I hope they weren't planning on riding in there!
    Friends don't let friends cheer for the TML

livin' large
    Rode in agreement forest at the top of hilton falls yesterday, and the trails were in good shape, a bit mucky in the low areas but I just steer clear of those spots in the spring. After a good long ride I had no mud on my pants if that is any indicator of the trails condition. Hilton Falls and the Agreemrnt forest are the honey badger of trails you can't hurt them!
    it tied the room together man!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dgage
    Trails are too soft and muddy around here yet. There is still snow on them! I did see a couple of mountains bikes on a car heading in the direction on Mono Cliffs. I hope they weren't planning on riding in there!
    yup still very soft in these parts.
    not ready yet.

namagomi
    I think most of SW ontario is thawed well enough, just hope for a good mix of sun and wind to help it dry!

namagomi
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian-clydesdale
    Rode in agreement forest at the top of hilton falls yesterday, and the trails were in good shape, a bit mucky in the low areas but I just steer clear of those spots in the spring. After a good long ride I had no mud on my pants if that is any indicator of the trails condition. Hilton Falls and the Agreemrnt forest are the honey badger of trails you can't hurt them!

Evil Jr.
    My beloved lunch-time MUPs are finally dry again and after two solid weeks of rain, work and preparation for the IMBA event (ie. not much riding), I'm WAY out of shape. Whew! Sure was nice to ride with shorts instead of tights though!
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

FeelIng Cranky!

Copeland

A good friend of mine tells me that Copeland is good to go! Anyone know of anywhere else dry enough?

Evil Jr.
    As I mentioned in the P2A thread, Martin Road is good to go as is the rail trail leading to it although all trails in the Valley remain officially closed. Iroquois Heights appears dry enough to ride.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

mtbr member
    I was at Puslinch today, it's 100% - no mud at all!

FeelIng Cranky!
    I hear Durham is ok too!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Had my first ride of the season last night. Feels good to be back on the bike.

First 5 minutes of climbing felt strange hold handle bars instead of ski poles.

Members who have read this thread: 0