first o-cup, couple questions- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

first o-cup, couple questions

Hey guys, I'm really considering racing in the next o-cup coming up next weekend. I've done 3 Paul's Enduros (100km last year) so I'm not totally green but I still have a few questions.

I'm racing the try an ocup 10am start, how early should I show up to register, etc.?

I've got a citizens permit, what else do I need to bring as far as documentation? Do I bring my number plate that I got from OCA?

Will 1 bottle be enough for the Try a cup race? I don't drink a ton for the most part and I hate carrying bottles in jersey pockets and the 2nd bottle cage mount on my anthem is in a dumb spot and always gets smashed on log-overs and stuff.

Thanks for any help.

sock puppet

you will be in contention for podium...

Quote Originally Posted by akura
    Hey guys, I'm really considering racing in the next o-cup coming up next weekend. I've done 3 Paul's Enduros (100km last year) so I'm not totally green but I still have a few questions.

I'm racing the try an ocup 10am start, how early should I show up to register, etc.?
    I suggest you be there by 8:30am... Register, take your time to prepare the bike and yourself and warm up easy... These races are all out start, and then you keep going all out...

I've got a citizens permit, what else do I need to bring as far as documentation? Do I bring my number plate that I got from OCA?
    If OCA sent you a number plate - that is YOUR number plate for this season. Bring it with you and attach it to your bike.

Will 1 bottle be enough for the Try a cup race? I don't drink a ton for the most part and I hate carrying bottles in jersey pockets and the 2nd bottle cage mount on my anthem is in a dumb spot and always gets smashed on log-overs and stuff.
    Hydrate the day before and hydrate all the time before the start of the race... Take few Endurolyte caps or any other electrolyte supplement before the race. If you do all this - one bottle will be plenty...

Thanks for any help.
    you are welcome

Evil Jr.
    All I have to add is that you need to bring your number plate with you to registration BEFORE you attach it to your bike.

Also, as a side note, take the plate off as soon as you get home. There's nothing as gauche as riding around with a number plate on your bike when you're not actually in a race.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

mtbr member
    Better yet, take it off after the race. I drove behind someone who lost their plate to the wind after the 1st o-cup.

mtbr member
    I think that covers it osokolo, thanks.
    Thanks for the other tips too.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster
    Also, as a side note, take the plate off as soon as you get home. There's nothing as gauche as riding around with a number plate on your bike when you're not actually in a race.
    It is only okay if you are under the age of 12.

namagomi
    Don't forget to use a clothes pin to affix a baseball card on your seat-stay so that you may terrorize your competitors with the sound of you drawing near!

Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by electrik
    Don't forget to use a clothes pin to affix a baseball card on your seat-stay so that you may terrorize your competitors with the sound of you drawing near!
    I totally used to race with spokey dokes. Drove people crazy!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by electrik
    A Hope Pro 2 hub also has the same effect.

namagomi
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdgirl
    I totally used to race with spokey dokes. Drove people crazy!
    Quote Originally Posted by nspace
    A Hope Pro 2 hub also has the same effect.
    You guys are evil!

Members who have read this thread: 0