Fatbiking Video: Montagne du Diable, Quebec- Mtbr.com
    trail gnome

Fatbiking Video: Montagne du Diable, Quebec

9 lives
    Nice video Ray. Have you ridden there? Can you ride there in the summer?
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    That looks like a really nice spot and great riding.
    Burnt Norton

trail gnome
    We rode there this past weekend. I took the video then. We were doing a feasibility study on fatbiking at the park. The management seems pretty keen on the possibilities.

They currently only have about 4k of shared fatbike/snowshoe/pedestrian trails, but we think they could easily expand that to 10k or more using existing the existing trail network with some additional grooming effort. They get a lot of snow, but not a lot of visitors. The trails are under utilized.

The facilities and recreational possibilities are pretty awesome. They have miles and miles of snowshoe trail, groomed skate & classic ski trail, backcountry ski trail, and snowmobile trail. Rustic log cabins dot the mountain, plus there are shelters at regular intervals. They are building more park-and-stay cabins at the park entrance with electricity and composting indoor toilets. All brand new. There is a central building with hot showers, communal kitchen & living room, ski and snowshoe rental, wax/bike workshop, etc. There is a small town with amenities conveniently located nearby.

They have 32k of summer mountain bike trails. I think they mostly utilize the existing skate ski corridors, so not very exiting riding, but one person we spoke to indicated they were building new mountain bike specific singletrack. It might be possible to put together cabin-to-cabin rides in the summer. My girlfriend is going to look into it.

9 lives
    ^ Thanks Ray.V. for sharing the information. We're interesting in travelling to Quebec again this year. We usually stay and ride at Mont ste Anne because we like the technical trails. But we're looking for some additional areas, enduro trails etc I've heard that Vallée Bras du Nord has really nice scenic all-mountain trails. We are also looking at Sentiers du Moulin. I like your description Montagne du Diable and will have to add that as a possibility
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

trail gnome
    Add Vallée Bras du Nord to the list. I raced there in 2010 and liked it and I know they have added more trails since then. A group of us are going there Canada Day for an extended weekend.

Not sure if Montagne du Diable is worth the detour just yet, but we are going to look into it. We've been there 3 times in the winter for skiing and snowshoeing (and a little bit of fatbiking on this last trip). Haven't been there in the summer yet.