Fall Bike Show (Toronto)- Mtbr.com

Jul 2004

Fall Bike Show (Toronto)

I am looking to buy a FS bike in the near future. Been around to a few stores in the Toronto area and have started to see the 05 trickle in. I wouldn't mind finding a sweet deal on an 04 but have yet to find something that I "gotta have"

My question is for those of you who have been to the Spring show in Toronto. Whats the selection like in regards to mid to high end full suspension bikes?

I was at that Fall show and it was a waste of time. I think that there might have been a few good bikes/deals there but I was not about to run around like a madman to find it/them.

Should I wait till spring and see what is there or drop the hammer on something in the off season?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo ultrasport
    I am looking to buy a FS bike in the near future. Been around to a few stores in the Toronto area and have started to see the 05 trickle in. I wouldn't mind finding a sweet deal on an 04 but have yet to find something that I "gotta have"

My question is for those of you who have been to the Spring show in Toronto. Whats the selection like in regards to mid to high end full suspension bikes?

I was at that Fall show and it was a waste of time. I think that there might have been a few good bikes/deals there but I was not about to run around like a madman to find it/them.

Should I wait till spring and see what is there or drop the hammer on something in the off season?
    What do you mean the Fall show was a waste of time. I went at 3:30pm and I managed to find quite a few good deals.

Kona Kula Deluxe: (stickered at $2500), they wanted $1800 taxes in
    Cannondale F800 (stickered at $1999), they wanted $1400 taxes in

Giant NRS-1 (stickered at $2999), they wanted $1999
    Rocky Mountain Instinct (stickered at $3500), I got it for $2150 taxes in.

The spring show should be mostly 05 stock, so I'm pretty sure the prices will not be as good as the fall show.

If you're looking an XC machine, I really like my Instinct, and I think Duke's still got an 19" in stock for $1999. It's a pretty good deal if you like Rocky Mountains.

Good Luck

Ming