Etobicoke Valley- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Etobicoke Valley

Does anyone know how far south from Centennial Park you can travel on trails.
    I live at Lakeshore and the main trail ends south of QEW (lots of offshoots) There is some single track that goes under the QEW up to the Queensway, have not had a chance to go further yet this year.

Anyone else ride this area?

Cheers

Apr 2004

TT.
    wheeler
    Feb 2004
    goes all the way to the lake. there is a number of off trails off the paved path, just spend some time to find them. there are a few around the hospital just south of queensway.
    if you search hard, u just might find some cool stuff in there
    I Ride, I Know

mtbr member

Thanks

Thanks Atomik...have the link and the hard copy, its a great map but not as detailed as I like, but then again somethings are better kept unpublished..Cheers

TT...Have not been there this year yet, but I will explore,
    Just to clairfy it is possible to ride from Lakeshore upto centennial...will try

Cheers

TT.
    wheeler
    Feb 2004

Good job!

you should come out with us one day. we'll show you all the cool stuff
    for ur eyes only
    I Ride, I Know

mtbr member
    I finally got a chance to ride through here today, quite far, from the lake all the way till neilson park, and then I know there is more trails that go up to Centenial park.

I think I know where some of the stuff is that people are talking about, but so much of the trail is ungroomed. So much over growth it is not great to ride a lot of it. It would be cool to get a few people together and start repairing and maintaining some of the trails so that it is more flowy. I think for the amount of rough trail that is already there, there is a lot of potential for it to get much better.

(Unless there is some better stuff on the opposite side of the creek than I was on or something)
    Last edited by nspace; 08-06-2006 at 04:36 PM.

Looking for Adventure

I live and ride in the area

Quote Originally Posted by smiley
    Does anyone know how far south from Centennial Park you can travel on trails.
    I live at Lakeshore and the main trail ends south of QEW (lots of offshoots) There is some single track that goes under the QEW up to the Queensway, have not had a chance to go further yet this year.

Anyone else ride this area?

Cheers
    You can hit the Etobicoke Creek just west of Centenial Park and ride trails on both side of the creek between Eglinton and Burnhamthorpe. There is more trail north of Eglinton on the east side.
    You can continue south of Burnhamthorpe to Bloor on the west side, and then you hit a golf club. There are more trails between Dundas and The Queensway along the creek.

East of Centenial Park along Eglinton, there is Mimico Creek that runs south and some trails along the west side of the creek, that switches to east side around Rathburn and down to Burnhamthorpe.

Just south of Centenial Park there is Renforth Creek that goes about straight down from the kids play area and follows a rough paved trail to Bloor (no dirt trails). Not sure how you go beyond Bloor, but you could follow streets to hook up with the Etobicoke trails.

Hope this helps!

banned
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricksom
    You can hit the Etobicoke Creek just west of Centenial Park and ride trails on both side of the creek between Eglinton and Burnhamthorpe. There is more trail north of Eglinton on the east side.
    You can continue south of Burnhamthorpe to Bloor on the west side, and then you hit a golf club. There are more trails between Dundas and The Queensway along the creek.

East of Centenial Park along Eglinton, there is Mimico Creek that runs south and some trails along the west side of the creek, that switches to east side around Rathburn and down to Burnhamthorpe.

Just south of Centenial Park there is Renforth Creek that goes about straight down from the kids play area and follows a rough paved trail to Bloor (no dirt trails). Not sure how you go beyond Bloor, but you could follow streets to hook up with the Etobicoke trails.

Hope this helps!
    you can also head south from Centenial on the Etobicoke trail, pop out at Old Burnamthorpe Road...take Burnamthorpe to Glen Echo (just before Kipling), pick up the Mimico trail to Eglinton, then follow the Eglinton bike path to Scarlett Road and take the Humber trail to the lake (it jogs at the Old Mill and again at Stephen Drive)...this connects to the Martin Goodman tail along the lake to the Don

mtbr member
    Good to know about these little connections, knowing that I could ride to the Don from them since I like to go there once a week or so.

I still think the trails going along the green that are in around the Sherway/Queensway/West mall/Dundas area could be so much better. Some of it isn't even that rideable, and you end up with the worlds biggest burr collection by the time your done.