East Gwillimbury/Newmarket/Mt Albert Riders- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm East Gwillimbury/Newmarket/Mt Albert Riders

Hello

I am new to Canada and this area - anyone got a MTB group riding in this area?

Where does one ride in this area - dont want to drive miles to trails - would rather be riding!

Thanks

Dave

Bored
    There is a lot of York Regional forest tracts in the area - worth looking into. Also, Mulock and Bathurst has a trail network - never ridden it, but there is appearently riding there. Finally - check the trail guide on mtbr. There are links there.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Hi Dave...welcome

I live in Sharon and know pretty much everything there is to ride in the area, i would be happy to give you a tour, or put you in touch with a group?

Erich Baumhard is the York Region boss for the Durham Mountain Bike Association, he is always doing something in the area.
    http://durhammountainbiking.ca/

ToneyRiver is the most active local here, im sure he will chime in at some point? he has a website with trails and locations.http://www.mtbiking.ca/index.html

First place i would suggest is Ravenshoe forest. Ravenshoe RD and McCowen
    http://www.eastgwillimbury.ca/Recrea...nal_Forest.htm

I have a few Garmin files on twitter of some great MTB ride in the area. most my time is spent in a bike shop but usually good for a Sunday morning ride, let me know?

Jamie

mtbr member
    Thanks guys! Appreciate the feedback.
    @bigwheel - I dont know that trail at Murlock, so will check it out

@ Jamie - I am always up for a ride, I often ride past your shop on my way to TO(before you open), you had my new bike in the window the last week - the Niner. Live on McCowan, so Ravenshoe is just down the drag, have not tried it out this season. But if you want to ride, let me know always keen.
    Thanks
    Dave

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Hey I'm new to the Bradford/New Market area as well. Glad to hear there is some good riding to be done. I'd love to get involved in any group rides. Are there any that you know of?

Cheers

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    In same area as you gents (Bradford) and we ride every weekend and also will be doing weekly night rides. The group rides can range from 3 - 30 just depends on peoples schedules and trails chosen.

Here's a few trails we frequent, also chances for car pooling:

Ravenshoe, Durham Forest, Glen Major, Coulson Hill, Albion Hills, Barrie Admin, Hardwood Hills, 7th/8th line, Copeland Forest, 3 Stages, Kolapore, Hydro Cut, Hilton Falls, and a real gem - Buckwalllow.

Check out the facebook group Defiant MTB - has over 300 members, weekly posts, very active, good bunch. This weekend is a Buckwallow Event, Don Ride and a Hilton Falls post.

If you see a Raw Rip Niner out and about with red bling accents - say hi.

Cheers,
    Defiant MTB - nothing complicated just ride....

mtbr member
    This is great to know - have joined the group - will be very keen to join the rides! Look forward to meeting up.

Cheers
    Dave

Bored
    Another area - a bit further away - Bayview and Stoufville road (aka Mosquito Coast). not a lot in there, and probably stupid muddy with all of the rain, but you can do a couple of loops and get in a 45 to 1.5 hr ride in.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    If you live near Yonge & Davis, send me a pm for some local trails within Newmarket. Short trail system, but it is great for after work playing.

Members who have read this thread: 0