Dundas trails: what bike ?- Mtbr.com
    RvB
    mtbr member
    May 2006

Dundas trails: what bike ?

Anybody here ride the trails in Dundas ? Bruce trail around Sydenham road, Dundas Conservation area etc ?

The reason I ask is that I'm looking for a new bike, and I'm leaning towards an all mountain bike. But I have a feeling it is overkill.
    I'm planning on trying the Waterdown trails and maybe Kelso as well, and I want to make sure I get a bike that can handle that.

Any ideas ? Would a decent XC bike (Kona King) be sufficient ? Not looking to do any serious jumps, but I want to be able to jump it off (smaller) rocks and stairs etc.

Thanks !

Rob.

NormalNorm
    I ride Dundas quite abit....and yeah, an all mountain bike would be overkill. I have a Specialized Stumpy(4" of travel) and its overkill for Dundas......but comfy. Half of the time I ride my hardtail. If you plan on doing most of your riding in the Waterdown/Dundas/Kelso area then I would get around 4" or less of travel.

I already rode that
    Any bike should be able to handle that depending on your weight and if your using crazy light parts. 4" of travel is also pretty good for Ontario. If you think you might be doing stuff bigger or riding stunts more often then maybe the AM style of bike if for you. Should also be noted that AM to me is what XC always been to me. Damn magazines and their hype!
    Riding F/S since oct 94'

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    A Kona King would be good or a Specialized Epic. The Epic is a fantastic ride in that it rides like a hardtail until it hits a root or a rock and then releases. You ought to check them out.

I currently ride a Kona Dawg Primo but my next ride will likely be a Specialized Epic

X-Ray Guy
    i ride an '03 enduro aroudn dundas, it was rideable with my hardtail before that. Nothing challenging there really. I just like having the extra suspension cuz i like trying all the stunts and stuff at Kelso....except for Diggers Downhill...not doing that ever

Members who have read this thread: 0