• 08-01-2014
    db9
    Dufferin Forest trail map?
    Thinking about riding Dufferin Forest on Sunday - any suggestions, hints etc - am I likely to get turned around in the forest without a map?
    Looked around for a map but have been unable to find one

Have a good long weekend everyone

Cheers
  • 08-02-2014
    singlesprocket
    see if you can hook up with the van go's... they look after the trails in duff. web site is here: Team Van Go
  • 08-02-2014
    db9
    SS - Thanks for the suggestion..
  • 08-02-2014
    secret agent
    You can download a map from maprika. It is an intreractive map. It will track you on it. I have it on my phone. I found the place easy to navigate without it.
  • 08-03-2014
    db9
    I looked on Maprika - didn't see it?
  • 08-03-2014
    Greg_o
    Quote:

Originally Posted by secret agent View Post
    You can download a map from maprika. It is an intreractive map. It will track you on it. I have it on my phone. I found the place easy to navigate without it.

Cool (FREE!!) App, thanks for mentioning that.
  • 08-03-2014
    secret agent
    Sorry it is Durham, and not dufferin. It happens after a certain age.
  • 08-04-2014
    Hekler
    Sorry I just saw this now. We ride Dufferin Forest most weeks at some time during the week. All the maps out there are very general and we have had some logging in there lately which changes things. If you ever want to get out for a tour one of us at Team van go would be happy to give you a guided tour. There are approx. 25km of single track out there. Keep an eye on our website Teamvango.ca for times we are out there. The "Contact Us" tab is the best way to reach us directly. Hope to see you out there sometime! Johnny
  • 08-04-2014
    Dgage
    Even with a map Dufferin is easy to get lost. None of the trails are marked and they cross numerous fire roads and double track. There is very little to reference to on a map.
    That being said, the lollipop loop is very well worn in and not to hard to follow especially if you are using a mapping app. At least that way you can just follow your track backwards.