the features need some tlc

stopped and checked out this place in mansfield

it sure hit the spot.

broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

9 lives
    Had a good 3 hour ride in Dufferin.
    There was a horse event going on and we avoided those trails. The equestrians were very friendly

Most of the trails were mint condition although some of the features in there need alot of work (old rotting wood features and some unfinished projects)

It was raining acorns!

The OPP were also patrolling the parking lots

Overall it was a fantastic day!
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Pictures of shrooms in Dufferin are one thing, but night ridding in Dufferin while on shrooms is a whole other experience.

Figured most of the wood work would be rotting out. Old guard that build most of it have moved on from building.

humber river advocate
    someone is trying to put together a wooden berm in one of the pics, the angle is a little bit funny on it and you will need a lot of speed to clear it. things go in cycles, people move around, area gets logged, etc.
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by singlesprocket View Post
    someone is trying to put together a wooden berm in one of the pics, the angle is a little bit funny on it and you will need a lot of speed to clear it. things go in cycles, people move around, area gets logged, etc.
    I saw that wooden berm today. Looks like it was part of a older stunt that fell down last year.
    With hunting season (Oct 9) around the corner the O.P.P will be making their presence noticed.
    Friends don't let friends cheer for the TML

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by singlesprocket View Post

Fly agaric?

Weeeeeee

That poutine rig is great too. Drove home from BM with a fractured arm, but stopped there and it was worth it.

humber river advocate
    you got it
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

9 lives
    The Poutine Joint will do very good business in that location. I recall there was an old barn there before. Big parking lot, picnic tables and a good menu. The fries were delish

The burger place across the street in Mansfield looks like it's for sale again.

We are heading up to blue this weekend for season closure (hope there are 1 or 2 good days)

Speedy recovery Greg-O. What happened?
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    September 3 - First time on Big Sleeze (I think - after the narrow rocky filter the trail splits, I went left), part way down went over the handle bars and landed poorly. Ended up with a fractured fore arm and badly hurt ribs (they didn't x-ray them so I don't know the extent of the damage there).

Haven't been on a bike since, not sure when I'll be back on yet.

9 lives
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_o View Post
    September 3 - First time on Big Sleeze (I think - after the narrow rocky filter the trail splits, I went left), part way down went over the handle bars and landed poorly. Ended up with a fractured fore arm and badly hurt ribs (they didn't x-ray them so I don't know the extent of the damage there).

Haven't been on a bike since, not sure when I'll be back on yet.
    I know the spot! It must have been a bad weekend, (full moon?) I broke 2 ribs the same day at blue! Ribs are easier to manage than arms so I was riding again a week later. I still get a little twinge in the injured spot depending what Im doing, It's a crazy sport... so addicting

You'll heal up. I experienced a shattered wrist a couple years ago (DHing in the Okanagan). I built up my strength and range of motion over time. Your remarkable body will tell you what you can do
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

Members who have read this thread: 0