don access - danforth/pape?- Mtbr.com

Apr 2004

don access - danforth/pape?

i just moved to danforth and pape from richmond hill about a month ago. i've never actually ridden in the don before. so, what i' m wondering is - what's the best way for me to access the valley from this part of town?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 12XU
    i just moved to danforth and pape from richmond hill about a month ago. i've never actually ridden in the don before. so, what i' m wondering is - what's the best way for me to access the valley from this part of town?
    I'd ride down to Danforth and Broadview, North on Broadview to Pottery Rd then down the hill. Cross the bridge & rail road track and hang a right.

There's a parking lot (dirt) and the trails go up the hill from there .... tons to explore.

Have fun.

Clem

almost there!

Cool-blue Rhythm I used to live there too...

Cycle to Broadview and Pottery Road (there's a Dairy Queen there), go down into the valley and just after you cross the train tracks (west side) the dirt path is on your right near the dirt/gravel parking lot and go into the woods from there. There's 2 paths to choose from, one goes straight up the steep hill and the other one is more gradual, from there the trail continues northwards for about 4 kms and comes out onto a parking lot where there's usually a bunch of kids playing cricket. There are some more off road paths that continue north from there, these paths are near the river. There's another path between the train tracks and the river - I'll let you find that one. And there are still more off road trails if you look but the one I've mentioned above is the main one.

I'm sure you will enjoy the trails - just don't ride them when they're wet - for the trails sake.

Have fun.