Does Puslinch ever have trail days or maintenance? Who's in charge?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Does Puslinch ever have trail days or maintenance? Who's in charge?

Being a former resident of Hespeler I love the Puslinch trails. I live in Waterloo, and enjoy the 'Cut but Puslinch is much more raw and more fun IMHO. It seems a little neglected though, poorly marked trails and a ton of confusing cheater shortcuts. ( I rode there a year or two ago and passed the same trail runner about 4 times because she took every shortcut).

The land is under the Grand River Conservation Area jurisdiction, but is there any involvement of any cycling clubs? Also, the land is mixed use with a ton of dog walkers (mostly on the Western half), and horses.

I would totally being willing to show up to a trail day but I've never heard of one there. Would the GRCA really mind if someone went around with some trail arrows.

I've always thought that with the big field in the middle of the Western half, a 24hr race would work there, but the trails aren't fit for it in their current state.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    There was a group that was going to do it but haven't heard anything lately from them.
    Google "Puslinch Tract Recreation Association"
    Lots of stuff from 2011-2012, nothing since.
    Unique partnership will upgrade Puslinch Tract trails

I used to ride a lot at Puslinch and I'd take a pair of shears with me, do a cool down lap and trim stuff back. Don't ride there much lately, too easy to go to Christie.

Workin for the weekend!
    There are a few who do trimming and cleanup after the winter or a big storm. Heck, last year there was someone doing their best to dumb down the trail and move every rock out of the single track. Another group did a sh!tty job of tightening up a section in the hardwoods so bad you need a BMX bike to ride it properly.

Not alot of collaborative efforts going on, but on the other hand, I rarely get an earful from a hiker for ruining nature...

Is also free to ride there....
    Todd :thumbsup:

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by -Todd- View Post
    There are a few who do trimming and cleanup after the winter or a big storm. Heck, last year there was someone doing their best to dumb down the trail and move every rock out of the single track. Another group did a sh!tty job of tightening up a section in the hardwoods so bad you need a BMX bike to ride it properly.

Not alot of collaborative efforts going on, but on the other hand, I rarely get an earful from a hiker for ruining nature...

Is also free to ride there....
    I went for a ride at Puslinch today. Trails had been blown off and works been done to berm up a few corners. I think the trails are fantastic here and thanks to whoever is putting the work in.

Workin for the weekend!
    That's someone from the MTB-F group, blowing out the leaves. Makes for a nicer ride for sure...

Someone else has been undo-ing the features again... Perhaps the region, or perhaps a local with a backhoe?
    Todd :thumbsup: