dirtbikes in Glen Major- Mtbr.com

Jul 2004

dirtbikes in Glen Major

I entered Glen Major today (saturday 1pm) via Chalk Lake road when I was passed in the forest by three silly kids on dirtbikes. As they pushed me off the trail they screamed past firing stones and other rubble into the bush. Keep an eye out for these little bastards.

It's people like this that will cause the closure of Glen Major. Did anyone else see these idiots while they were out today?

I already rode that
    Quote Originally Posted by capun_canuck
    I entered Glen Major today (saturday 1pm) via Chalk Lake road when I was passed in the forest by three silly kids on dirtbikes. As they pushed me off the trail they screamed past firing stones and other rubble into the bush. Keep an eye out for these little bastards.

It's people like this that will cause the closure of Glen Major. Did anyone else see these idiots while they were out today?
    Seen the likes also in durham doing the same thing last year

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

No good

Quote Originally Posted by capun_canuck

Like you say, kids. I can't see how you can call them people.

The township my parents live in is overrun by ATVs running on the streets in the village & on the township roads & the OPP is nowhere to be seen. A definite hazard when out driving.
    2008 Trek Fuel EX 8
    Apsley, Ontario, Canada

banned
    Mar 2005
    MNR confiscates these bikes whenever they can, big problem is the erosion they cause, but there is'nt enough wardens, however, if you get their plates and advise the park office or the OPP, they will drop in for a chat. Issue up here is that these kids have no license or insurance...if they hurt someone, they're SOL.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Common Trail?

Seems like some people think that Chalk Lake Rd. is a common trail to cut east/west on..

I've seen a few people cut through here on ATV/DB so like the above poster said, flag them down next time and get a note of their plate (photo op?) and report it..

I'll be riding there next week and will look out for the plates.

Cheers.

banned
    Mar 2005
    i would hesitate flagging them down, we've had some confrontations here that turned ugly, especially between hikers and the dirtbikers. Hikers then tried to get even by placing logs across the trails causing some major adrenelin rushes when we came around blind corners on the downhills