did Ravenshoe get trashed- Mtbr.com
    TT.
    wheeler
    Feb 2004

did Ravenshoe get trashed

heard a rumor that last Thursday som momos ripped everything down
    I'm shocked as I was there on Tue. and everything looked SOLID, unlike the previous stuff that was there.
    anyone with more info
    I Ride, I Know

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Yo,

I was there on Saturday, and the only thing that I noticed was gone was one teeter-totter. I haven't been there much, but it's just the really easy one (like 2.5 feet wide), that went over a log. Basically, the log was just chainsawed out. Other than that, everything looked good to me.

Shibby

TT.
    wheeler
    Feb 2004
    thanks man it looked like ppl invested a lot of time and $$$ into all the new goodies.... it'd be a shame to have it chopped up
    I Ride, I Know

TT.
    wheeler
    Feb 2004

No good

all the good stuff is gone.... both the drop and ramp on cornhole .... both teeters and drop on crybaby double teeter and more

bringing my ss next time
    I Ride, I Know

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    AARRRGGHHH! Why is it that when I finally find a place around TO worth riding in, it gets wrecked. Why? Who? Is more stuff going to get built? Do they need help?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby
    AARRRGGHHH! Why is it that when I finally find a place around TO worth riding in, it gets wrecked. Why? Who? Is more stuff going to get built? Do they need help?
    Did anybody have permission to build these stunts?

TT.
    wheeler
    Feb 2004
    looked like they did.... as everything was made from same stock
    the little bridge/platform at end of crybaby is still there, plus all the bridges that are 1.5in. off the ground are there also.. seems like they only took stuff out that unexperienced riders should not even attempt in the first place
    sucks for the rest of us
    I Ride, I Know

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TT.
    looked like they did.... as everything was made from same stock
    the little bridge/platform at end of crybaby is still there, plus all the bridges that are 1.5in. off the ground are there also.. seems like they only took stuff out that unexperienced riders should not even attempt in the first place
    sucks for the rest of us
    So you don't know if they had permission to build those stunts you're only guessing.

Has anybody contacted the people who manage ravenshoe and asked if they tore down the stunts? Did anybody get permission to build there in the first place?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Braids
    So you don't know if they had permission to build those stunts you're only guessing.
    Has anybody contacted the people who manage ravenshoe and asked if they tore down the stunts? Did anybody get permission to build there in the first place?
    I know the guy that USED to have permission to build in there, but that was a few years ago before the more recent additions.

The land manager has since changed, they've been speaking to Toronto Parks folks about similar issues in the Don and voila! everything goes .... basically another insurance liability problem.

The only free place I know of to ride where there are a few stunts is Bayview/Stoufville but I wouldn't be surprised if that gets ripped out soon as well. The trails are also suffering due to dirt bike abuse even though motor vehicles are illegal in there.

Porcupine Ridge (aka Santa's Village in BraceBridge) is another one that has fallen due to insurance woes, the new owners of Santa's Village have closed the trails indefinitely (although there's a back way in.)

Seems to be the norm, until liability problems can be addressed it's only going to get worse before it gets better.

Clem