Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Current Hydrocut Conditions

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Terranaut 
#1 ·
Has anyone been out to the Hydrocut in the last week or 2?
Looking at riding there tonight and just wan a heads up on conditions.
Thanks.

If we go I will post video tomorrow :)

#2 ·
I rode there Friday afternoon. At that point, it was still quite loose. The Glasgow side had a lot of areas that were not packed down at all. Frankenstein had next to no traffic so I skipped it. The Snyder side had seen a lot more traffic and was a lot more fun. The ride down Back 40 to get back to the car was terrible. Hadn't been compacted at all.

I went snowshoeing Saturday afternoon to help pack it down, and it had seen a lot of traffic and was already looked much better than Friday.

Went out again yesterday, and the trails were much more compacted, but it was quite warm so it was pretty soft. I found the tires washing out around corners and climbing was tough in spots. It would have been better in the morning when it was colder.

Today it's going to be close to or above 0 all day, so I expect it will be soft.

#5 ·
I ended up riding in Natchez woods. It was soft and slow like riding through jello and off the line was like a marshmallow. That being said my son and I had a great ride. Pushing through this and having had a few weeks off we packed it in after about 55 minutes. Good times none the less. Gonna be fast after it all freezes again.

#6 ·
What kind of trails are in Natchez woods? Any singletrack?

I rode Huron Natural Area last night and the conditions were perfect. Did the main trails a bunch of the sidetrails and we went out over a few of the ponds.

I think I'm going to ride the hydrocut tonight. Looking at the forecast it might be the last ride for a while. Rain and warm Temps coming.

#7 ·
What kind of trails are in Natchez woods? Any singletrack?
Curious as well.

Hydrocut was pretty decent today, fresh snow, but the trails are in mostly good shape. Exception being the transition trails between Snyder and Glasgow, they were deep in some spots and tough slick wind swept stuff in other parts.

#8 · (Edited)
Natchez woods are full of short, single track, hilly trails. You can ride from the Tims at Victoria/Lackner almost all the way to Freeport Hospital with only a few spots where you must ride on the community trail or the street. Here is a vid of some of the trails from last spring.

Edit : This is only a small section. The trails are intertwined with multiple trail heads. This spring after it dries a bit...maybe in early May I would love a group ride here. I live a Km or 2 from most of the trail heads. There is a few places to meet. Food Basics parking lot is probably the best. Any takers?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.