CRC shipments during Canada Post strike.- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 80 of 80
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    98

    CRC shipments during Canada Post strike.

    I was planning on ordering a few things that I need from CRC, but I'm worried that because of the strike, I'll be waiting a while.
    Does anyone know who takes care of the shipping once the package reaches Canada?

  2. #2
    mtb wipeout king
    Reputation: Frosti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    69
    I am not sure, but if you put on express then it should switch to UPS at the border

  3. #3
    ups and downs
    Reputation: rockyuphill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    15,531
    Canada Post is being legislated back to work next week anyway.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    98
    Thanks for the quick replies. I think I'll go with the expedited shipping anyways.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    450
    Royal Mail and Parcel Force both end up being handles by Canada Post.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    226
    I have used their services twice. The second time it was quite quick, and the shipping was free. The first time, for some odd reason the parcel went to New Zealand before it made its way here to Canada. It was also during the christmas season so I was in no rush to get my parts. Both times I did not have to pay either taxes or duties.

    Steve

  7. #7
    namagomi
    Reputation: electrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,884
    Canada post/ Canada post customs warehouse was suuuper-fast when I used it last week(before they were locked out). Probably since mail volumes were really down. Was about a 5 day turnaround from UK when it is usually 10 days minimum.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosti View Post
    I am not sure, but if you put on express then it should switch to UPS at the border
    No, Canada post.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jrastories's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    497
    Why not try a Canadian Online dealer if you really want to order stuff? We know what is going on here and ship the best way we can.
    Rocky Element
    My Attempt at a Blog

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by jrastories View Post
    Why not try a Canadian Online dealer if you really want to order stuff? We know what is going on here and ship the best way we can.
    Canadian dealers, and most American online or otherwise just can't compete price wise.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    85
    What are some of the Canadian online retailers? I don't think I even know one...

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dgage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    564
    I ordered a few hard to find parts on May 18 and they still haven't arrived. They say the shipping should take 4-6 days and thats using the mail system. They will ship DHL if you want to pay for it.
    They did offer to reship but with our postal strike who knows when it would arrive? So I got a refund instead and ordered from another web site.
    Friends don't let friends cheer for the TML

  13. #13
    Evil Jr.
    Reputation: garage monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,859
    I ordered a few bits about a week and a half ago but I'm in no rush so, strike whatever.

    For the record, price was the motivator. All in, I paid exactly half Canadian retail.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

  14. #14
    Hardtail Freak
    Reputation: brodie_rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    196
    Order from Pro Bike Kit, they have great pricing and the shipping is fast. If you must, use a courier and not USPS that gets taken over by Canada Post. The strike has ended by now anyway.
    2018 Stanton Slackline 853
    2016 Norco Torrent 7.1
    Gone - 2000 Marin Indian Fire Trail
    Gone - 2001 Brodie Holeshot

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Arek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    799
    Quote Originally Posted by brodie_rider View Post
    Order from Pro Bike Kit, they have great pricing and the shipping is fast. If you must, use a courier and not USPS that gets taken over by Canada Post. The strike has ended by now anyway.
    Pro Bike Kit is great, I've bought a bunch of stuff from them over the last few years. Mostly clothing, some universal bits, tools and accessories - they're roadies, no mountain bike parts. Free shipping to Canada, too.

  16. #16
    Hardtail Freak
    Reputation: brodie_rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    196
    Yup. They do have mountain bike clipless pedals the last time I checked though.
    2018 Stanton Slackline 853
    2016 Norco Torrent 7.1
    Gone - 2000 Marin Indian Fire Trail
    Gone - 2001 Brodie Holeshot

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Arek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    799
    Quote Originally Posted by brodie_rider View Post
    Yup. They do have mountain bike clipless pedals the last time I checked though.
    Correct - as a matter of fact I got a set of ATAC XS pedals from them about a month back, at a price better than any US online places...

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dgage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by Dgage View Post
    I ordered a few hard to find parts on May 18 and they still haven't arrived. They say the shipping should take 4-6 days and thats using the mail system. They will ship DHL if you want to pay for it.
    They did offer to reship but with our postal strike who knows when it would arrive? So I got a refund instead and ordered from another web site.
    Well after looking all over the place for the parts I needed I ended up reordering them from Chain Reaction, only got them shipped by DHL. When my order arrived they wanted $68.00 dollars in brokerage fees. I said WTF the order is only worth $60.00. The driver looked and said DHL had the value at $470.00! I refused the parcel and phoned DHL. They said "Oh our mistake and then said the brokerage fee's will be $12.00 and will be delivered the next day. I think they pulled the value out of thin air and were hoping that brokerage fee would be paid without any questions being asked.
    Friends don't let friends cheer for the TML

  19. #19
    namagomi
    Reputation: electrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,884
    Yeah, but at least DHL is not unionized... ?

  20. #20
    Evil Jr.
    Reputation: garage monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,859
    Hurray for the end of the mail strike! These beauties just rolled in the door! Guess I have some wrenching to do before my Canada Day ride!

    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster View Post
    Hurray for the end of the mail strike! These beauties just rolled in the door! Guess I have some wrenching to do before my Canada Day ride!

    Where did you order them from? What price?

    I have seen them at 600 online 550 if I went the dreaded Ebay route, if I bought them here would be 1200

    Interested to know where you got your set from? Been eyeing these for awhile.

  22. #22
    Evil Jr.
    Reputation: garage monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,859
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenAnimator View Post
    Where did you order them from? What price?

    I have seen them at 600 online 550 if I went the dreaded Ebay route, if I bought them here would be 1200

    Interested to know where you got your set from? Been eyeing these for awhile.
    I'll give you one hint: it's in the thread title.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster View Post
    I'll give you one hint: it's in the thread title.

    What is with this forum? Is there a "be a dick" to people rule that I missed?

    It was more an open question to find out how much you actually paid for it or if you had to pay customs for it and where you got it from. God forbid you could be a little helpful to the people outside of the 4 person clique that seems to dominate this forum.

    For people that might read this and not know what crc is, it's:

    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/

    The wheels are here:

    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=28129

    Good to know you overpaid for them, must be karma.
    Last edited by BrokenAnimator; 06-30-2011 at 06:45 PM.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Near north's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    459
    That's a lot less than my Industry nine's cost me. Did you get a 15mm front hub.

  25. #25
    Evil Jr.
    Reputation: garage monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,859
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenAnimator View Post
    Good to know you overpaid for them, must be karma.
    Holy smackers, cut down on the Red Bull, dude! If $550 + $80 tax is too much I can live with that.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

  26. #26
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,104
    wow... you bad boy... causing angry people...

  27. #27
    Evil Jr.
    Reputation: garage monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Near north View Post
    That's a lot less than my Industry nine's cost me. Did you get a 15mm front hub.
    Now that I know that I should answer all questions directly: no, regular hub. The axles are HUGE though!
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster View Post
    Holy smackers, cut down on the Red Bull, dude! If $550 + $80 tax is too much I can live with that.
    It says 685.29 Canadian dollars on the Chain reaction website plus the tax. Also Canada Customs dings pre-built wheel sets for duty almost all the time.

    So you are saying you paid 550 plus 80 tax with no extra charges to your door? I don't know if you're intentionally being a jerk, or just have really poor communication skills.

  29. #29
    Ms. Monster
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,812
    It was actually the cheapest 29er one. No duty, no shipping. They're pretty.

  30. #30
    Ms. Monster
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,812
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenAnimator View Post
    I don't know if you're intentionally being a jerk, or just have really poor communication skills.
    Speak for yourself, dude.

  31. #31
    Evil Jr.
    Reputation: garage monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,859
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenAnimator View Post
    It says 685.29 Canadian dollars on the Chain reaction website plus the tax. Also Canada Customs dings pre-built wheel sets for duty almost all the time.

    So your saying you paid 550 plus 80 tax with no extra charges to your door? I don't know if you're intentionally being a jerk, or just have really poor communication skills.
    I'm not REALLY trying to be a jerk but smileys aren't what they used to be I guess. Prices on CRC move up and down all the time. I'm being dead straight with you; that's exactly what I paid and I can show you the slip taped to the box next Tuesday night at Albion if you like.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Near north's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    459
    They are very cool looking, I've seen them at MEC(26")
    Did he have permission before????
    I ordered mind then casually mentioned it just before they arrived.

  33. #33
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,104
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster View Post
    I can show you the slip taped to the box next Tuesday night at Albion if you like.
    I think he said he was bored at Albion Hills... Don't think you will see him there... But you guys can get together at the Bull afterwards and socialize a bit... Nothing wrong with that...

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdgirl View Post
    Speak for yourself, dude.
    I do speak for myself, who else would I be speaking for? What a dumb thing to say.

    If you don't even understand English properly and was trying to turn it around on me and be witty like I have poor communication skills, then you really failed on that.

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Near north's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    459
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenAnimator View Post
    It says 685.29 Canadian dollars on the Chain reaction website plus the tax. Also Canada Customs dings pre-built wheel sets for duty almost all the time.

    So you are saying you paid 550 plus 80 tax with no extra charges to your door? I don't know if you're intentionally being a jerk, or just have really poor communication skills.
    It says 548.23 CAD *13% = 71.27 so that would = the jerk is on the other foot, If I had your shoes on right now I might apologize.

  36. #36
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Near north View Post
    It says 548.23 CAD *13% = 71.27 so that would = the jerk is on the other foot, If I had your shoes on right now I might apologize.


    +1 here...

    let's see if the man is a man...
    Last edited by osokolo; 06-30-2011 at 01:31 PM.

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster View Post
    I'm not REALLY trying to be a jerk but smileys aren't what they used to be I guess. Prices on CRC move up and down all the time. I'm being dead straight with you; that's exactly what I paid and I can show you the slip taped to the box next Tuesday night at Albion if you like.
    Do you not understand that everyone doesn't know what crc means?

    Do you not understand that there are multiple versions of the wheel set at various prices so unless there is a direct link not everyone would be on the same page?

    Just saying "i'll give you a hint" reaks of elitism.The little clique of 4-5 people on here from "Albion Hills" that seem to dominate these forums is sad. Thinking you are better than others because you wear lycra and ride a better bike than others is a total joke.

  38. #38
    Evil Jr.
    Reputation: garage monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,859
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenAnimator View Post
    Do you not understand that everyone doesn't know what crc means?
    Well I do now. No hard feelings either way. Have a nice Canada Day!
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by Near north View Post
    It says 548.23 CAD *13% = 71.27 so that would = the jerk is on the other foot, If I had your shoes on right now I might apologize.

    There was no link given, so if you look at the site it's 685.29 before shipping price:

    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...edfffa21a2ce33

    Do you not get that? You don't understand how poor communication causes a mix up of not knowing what model or version?

    This forum is just unbelievable...lol

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo View Post


    +1 here...

    let's see if the man is a man...
    Keep going to school, because it's obvious you can't understand a situation and are here just to be a dick "Oggie".

  41. #41
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,104

    i am most likely older than you

    and you should be ashamed for your behaviour here sir...

    we are here to have fun and it doesn't seem that you share the same goal...

    Oggie




    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenAnimator View Post
    Keep going to school, because it's obvious you can't understand a situation and are here just to be a dick "Oggie".

  42. #42
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,104

    why not american classic?

    about the same price and lighter as well. at least as strong, if not stronger...

    not as cool looking, though...

    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster View Post
    Now that I know that I should answer all questions directly: no, regular hub. The axles are HUGE though!

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Near north's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    459
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenAnimator View Post
    There was no link given, so if you look at the site it's 685.29 before shipping price:

    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...edfffa21a2ce33

    Do you not get that? You don't understand how poor communication causes a mix up of not knowing what model or version?

    This forum is just unbelievable...lol
    On this page it's 548.23

    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/B...y=DiscountDESC

    On this page it's 548.23 also 685.29

    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=63310

    So I asked did you get a 15mm front hub ---which would = 685.29

    I did not find any difficultly in discovering this.

    I think good communication would have been " What does CRC stand for"

    That would have been a very clear question, one that I would have responded to.

    Communication takes two,

    We all have bad days......I've had to apologize for it many times myself.

  44. #44
    Evil Jr.
    Reputation: garage monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,859
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    about the same price and lighter as well. at least as strong, if not stronger...

    not as cool looking, though...
    I've seen two pairs of ACs blow up and my (one season-old) XCOnes are just about blown up too. I thought I'd try something different. Plus, they do look REALLY cool. Who knows, I might even go tubeless!
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    and you should be ashamed for your behaviour here sir...

    we are here to have fun and it doesn't seem that you share the same goal...

    Oggie
    You contribute nothing to this thread accept being a little instigator and try to pass it off like you are just having fun?

    Anyone that reads this forum for a short period of time knows there is a small clique here that seems to bully anyone they don't agree with, or if they don't like their posts and you should be ashamed of that. People can have what ever opinion they want.

    If you really practice what you preach then you would be more positive, and stop trying to start something when it's over.

  46. #46
    Evil Jr.
    Reputation: garage monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,859
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenAnimator View Post
    Anyone that reads this forum for a short period of time knows there is a small clique here that seems to bully anyone they don't agree with, or if they don't like their posts and you should be ashamed of that. People can have what ever opinion they want.
    You haven't seen anything yet. Just wait until the next clipless pedal thread starts (we're due for one in about 2 months).

    FWIW, I do know Oggie IRL but not Near North. He has his own clique going on somewhere up Highway 11.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    21
    I have those rims! They are great. Let me know what you think of the free hub noise.

  48. #48
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,104

    Well, I didn't call you a DICK

    like you called me. I also did not say your posts are dumb, like you called Nerdgirls... That makes me way more positive than yourself... So, look in the mirror first before calling others out...

    Also, this group here is far from being a small clique... It is a pretty big group and everyone knows everyone by name. Come out on Tuesday to Albion Hills and meet us. It is a fun group...

    For someone with only 34 posts (nothing wrong with the number - it is the time spent here) you are making some blanket statements that are completely wrong.

    but as you say - you are entitled to your opinion, which you really are. i don't know why you consider bullying if i don't agree with your opinion - on albion hills ie. this is internet.

    i just don't understand why you are spending time on this forum when it is 'unbelievable' and you obviously are not having fun... could it be that you are starting 'something that it's over'

    'contribution to the post' is relative. what was your contribution around here, except for calling people names

    one thing is for sure - i am over with you - as i got nothing else to say. it'd be nice if you could calm down a bit...

    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenAnimator View Post
    You contribute nothing to this thread accept being a little instigator and try to pass it off like you are just having fun?

    Anyone that reads this forum for a short period of time knows there is a small clique here that seems to bully anyone they don't agree with, or if they don't like their posts and you should be ashamed of that. People can have what ever opinion they want.

    If you really practice what you preach then you would be more positive, and stop trying to start something when it's over.

  49. #49
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,104

    i tested 3 sets of 29er wheels this season

    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster View Post
    I've seen two pairs of ACs blow up and my (one season-old) XCOnes are just about blown up too. I thought I'd try something different. Plus, they do look REALLY cool. Who knows, I might even go tubeless!
    Crossmax
    Easton Haven
    American Classic tubeless

    American Classic was heads and shoulders ahead of the other two.

    Easton was the strongest, but also the heaviest set. Mavics were fast, but flexy.

    AC were the lightest and very strong and stiff.

    Sold Eastons and Mavics and awaiting another set of American Classics...

    Let me know what you think about Cobalts... Can't go wrong at that price.

  50. #50
    Evil Jr.
    Reputation: garage monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,859
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Stroker View Post
    I have those rims! They are great. Let me know what you think of the free hub noise.
    My favourite wheelset has a White freewheel on it and it's plenty loud so I'm sure I'll love it. Way better than a bell for letting people know you're coming!
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

  51. #51
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,104
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster View Post
    My favourite wheelset has a White freewheel on it and it's plenty loud so I'm sure I'll love it. Way better than a bell for letting people know you're coming!
    you can still get fined for NOT HAVING a bell...

  52. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by Near north View Post
    On this page it's 548.23

    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/B...y=DiscountDESC

    On this page it's 548.23 also 685.29

    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=63310

    So I asked did you get a 15mm front hub ---which would = 685.29

    I did not find any difficultly in discovering this.

    I think good communication would have been " What does CRC stand for"

    That would have been a very clear question, one that I would have responded to.

    Communication takes two,

    We all have bad days......I've had to apologize for it many times myself.
    On this page it is only 685.29: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=28129

    No matter what axle size.

    So do you not see by not specifying details, it's poor communication, because it can be multiple products. Oh right, elitist don't want to help people, they just want to be better.

    Unbelievable...lol

  53. #53
    Evil Jr.
    Reputation: garage monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,859
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenAnimator View Post
    Oh right, elitist don't want to help people, they just want to be better.

    Unbelievable...lol
    We're actually more accustomed to being called insular.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

  54. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    like you called me. I also did not say your posts are dumb, like you called Nerdgirls... That makes me way more positive than yourself... So, look in the mirror first before calling others out...

    Also, this group here is far from being a small clique... It is a pretty big group and everyone knows everyone by name. Come out on Tuesday to Albion Hills and meet us. It is a fun group...

    For someone with only 34 posts (nothing wrong with the number - it is the time spent here) you are making some blanket statements that are completely wrong.

    but as you say - you are entitled to your opinion, which you really are. i don't know why you consider bullying if i don't agree with your opinion - on albion hills ie. this is internet.

    i just don't understand why you are spending time on this forum when it is 'unbelievable' and you obviously are not having fun... could it be that you are starting 'something that it's over'

    'contribution to the post' is relative. what was your contribution around here, except for calling people names

    one thing is for sure - i am over with you - as i got nothing else to say. it'd be nice if you could calm down a bit...
    Out of the time that I have been reading this forum, I have seen your little clique trying to control this forum by arguing with everyone you don't agree with and filibuster the forum because you have the most free time and have a group of riders that participate here.

    Even with this post you continue to keep things going when it's over. Garage Monster moved on as well as myself, but you continue to try and cause trouble and keep things going. Anyone that reads this thread from start to finish reading your posts, knows you were here for just one thing, to instigate and nothing else.

  55. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Near north's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    459
    I don't believe that is a 29" wheel, the picture posted said in large writing bike29.com

    I was reading the same post and I did not make the error you did.

    I just think you are not accepting your share of the misunderstanding

  56. #56
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster View Post
    We're actually more accustomed to being called insular.
    So I'm not the only one that has told you of this problem? ....That should tell you something

  57. #57
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by Near north View Post
    I don't believe that is a 29" wheel, the picture posted said in large writing bike29.com

    I was reading the same post and I did not make the error you did.

    I just think you are not accepting your share of the misunderstanding
    That's because the link was posted after the fact that you copied. I don't think it's too much to ask for a link to the product in a forum, instead of "i'll give you a hint". There would not of been any misunderstanding that way.

  58. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    21
    I am sure you will love them then. I have them on a Niner Air 9 Carbon setup Tubless. What tires are you putting on them? Love to see some pictures of the bike with them on.

  59. #59
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,104

    how exactly am i causing trouble?

    by calling you a dick? or dumb?

    or going up in arms because GM didnt post a link?

    everyone here knows that GM rides a 29er. everyone here knows what CRC stands for.

    but i guess everyone here is oblivious and you are the blessed one.

    back to the important question: why are you coming back to this forum if it is so bad?

    why?


    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenAnimator View Post
    Out of the time that I have been reading this forum, I have seen your little clique trying to control this forum by arguing with everyone you don't agree with and filibuster the forum because you have the most free time and have a group of riders that participate here.

    Even with this post you continue to keep things going when it's over. Garage Monster moved on as well as myself, but you continue to try and cause trouble and keep things going. Anyone that reads this thread from start to finish reading your posts, knows you were here for just one thing, to instigate and nothing else.

  60. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    by calling you a dick? or dumb?

    or going up in arms because GM didnt post a link?

    everyone here knows that GM rides a 29er. everyone here knows what CRC stands for.

    but i guess everyone here is oblivious and you are the blessed one.

    back to the important question: why are you coming back to this forum if it is so bad?

    why?

    Why do you keep just trying to instigate? It's over, we all moved on yet you just keep posting even though you said you were through. You have a compulsion you can't control, is it that necessary for you to keep posting? Just proves my point, you're just posting in this thread to instigate and nothing else.

    Go ride your bike to school and don't cry when police pull you over because you think you are above the law "oggie".

  61. #61
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,104
    thanks for answering my question.

    as far as your question goes - I do not see any instigation in my posts. Just a discussion.

    But I understand that you are not comfortable...

  62. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    thanks for answering my question.

    as far as your question goes - I do not see any instigation in my posts. Just a discussion.

    But I understand that you are not comfortable...
    You don't understand, that's the problem..."oggie"

  63. #63
    Drinkin' the 29er KoolAid
    Reputation: kwarwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,495

    While this is fun an all...

    Last edited by kwarwick; 06-30-2011 at 04:20 PM.

  64. #64
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,104
    hey K, good to hear from you... May I suggest that you remove this pic please... Not nice...

  65. #65
    Drinkin' the 29er KoolAid
    Reputation: kwarwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,495
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    hey K, good to hear from you... May I suggest that you remove this pic please... Not nice...
    OK, in respect for your delicate sensibilities I've politically corrected myself.

  66. #66
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,104
    thanks bud
    you know that i am far from being politically correct, but that pic in that context disturbs me...
    however, i got your message... you are right...

  67. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Arek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    799
    LOL, I don't visit for one day, and it seems a sure bet I miss something funny on here!

    Seems like Simple sent his younger brother to put this "Oggie" character in his place. Finally!

  68. #68
    Evil Jr.
    Reputation: garage monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Arek View Post
    LOL, I don't visit for one day, and it seems a sure bet I miss something funny on here!

    Seems like Simple sent his younger brother to put this "Oggie" character in his place. Finally!
    Now you're just not being nice.

    While I was out riding tonight, I was trying to think of who might be included in the Albion Tuesday Night Evil Clique and you definitely came to the top of the list (along with me, Oggie, Linda, Joel, Jouko, Tom, Barry and um... probably a lot more trouble makers).
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

  69. #69
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,104

    the worst part is

    that HE will actually think that you are NOT joking...

    you HAVE to COMMUNICATE clearly and without sarcasm..

    Quote Originally Posted by Arek View Post
    LOL, I don't visit for one day, and it seems a sure bet I miss something funny on here!

    Seems like Simple sent his younger brother to put this "Oggie" character in his place. Finally!

  70. #70
    Evil Jr.
    Reputation: garage monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,859
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Stroker View Post
    I am sure you will love them then. I have them on a Niner Air 9 Carbon setup Tubless. What tires are you putting on them? Love to see some pictures of the bike with them on.
    I saw your bike on the Rides thread and it does look awesome. I ride Ralphs on my 29ers but if I do go tubeless, I'll probably wait until next season's new pair. Puslinch ride report to follow!
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

  71. #71
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rkand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster View Post
    I saw your bike on the Rides thread and it does look awesome. I ride Ralphs on my 29ers but if I do go tubeless, I'll probably wait until next season's new pair. Puslinch ride report to follow!
    You'll be gathering data for this Puslinch Report on Friday? Mind a straggler? The rest of my evil K-W-Guelph clique is busy this weekend, but they'll learn the hard way they can't take over the world without me!

  72. #72
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by rkand View Post
    You'll be gathering data for this Puslinch Report on Friday? Mind a straggler? The rest of my evil K-W-Guelph clique is busy this weekend, but they'll learn the hard way they can't take over the world without me!
    Maybe you should ask your group to come on this forum and constantly post drivel that should be in pm's so people actually looking to get information don't have to wade through pages and pages of useless posts?

    Oh right, they probably have better things to do

  73. #73
    Evil Jr.
    Reputation: garage monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,859
    WARNING: The following post may contain mindless drivel and/or information better suited to a PM. If you have something better to do, for the love of God, please move along!

    Sorry I missed your post (evil clique) rkand. I promised myself not to turn on my laptop on Canada Day (Blackberry, however...). Since we were riding around at pregnant-lady pace, you probably would have been bored with us in short order.

    That being said, about half an hour into our ride, we came upon a downed rider that had broken his collar bone. His riding partner had already done a fine job of stabilizing it with his Camelback but they were in a really tough spot. We grabbed their bikes and walked them back out to the McDonald's where he was able to call his wife to come pick him up. We left as his (very pregnant) wife showed up in somewhat of a panic. He was in good hands but he was about to spend the rest of his day off in Emergency. Total bummer.

    So, with that hour elapsed, we resumed our ride right where it had left off with only a smidge less elan.

    It was so great to finally get back out to Puslinch! I was relentlessly reminded why it's my favourite place to ride. I didn't clean everything but I put in a solid effort.

    But enough about me, this is supposed to be about the wheels!

    There's nothing like new wheels to make your whole bike seem new again! Like a frog in a pot, I hadn't really noticed just how bad my bearings had become. This was like night and day.

    Prior to buying them, I'd read that the Colbalts were quite stiff and I have to agree. The XCOnes always felt a bit "noodly" and the jump in stiffness is quite obvious especially when climbing out of the sadle. They are a great match for my steel diSSent frame and fork.

    The action on the freehub is excellent with positive and almost instant engagement. And the loud buzz is just right for me (not quite as loud as I9s).

    On the whole, the Cobalts feel like an upgrade as opposed to a simple substitution. And they look incredible on my bike. They're $630 well-spent.

    Postscript: The little restaurant by the Puslinch parking lot has reopened as a fish and chips shop! We each had the 5oz halibut (they also have haddock and cod) and it was fantastic! The beer batter is nice and light and they serve it with sides of crunchy cole slaw and home-made maple bacon rolls! Nom!
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

  74. #74
    Team NFI
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,302
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenAnimator View Post
    I don't know if you're intentionally being a jerk,
    According to research... Garage Monster is to laid back to be a Jerk. He is closer to one of those Hippie Nerds I used to see around UBC back in 79.

  75. #75
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rkand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster View Post
    Sorry I missed your post (evil clique) rkand.
    No problemo. The wheels sound great, I think if they came in black and/or orange you could have sold me on them!

  76. #76
    Eat me.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    111
    Sorry have to laugh whenever I read in Eastern Canada forum.

    Some of you may realize this, but if you don't....if you peruse CRC with the prices set at GBP for delivery to the UK, you will get the price that includes VAT. If you change country to Canada, you will get the price WITHOUT VAT, as that Value Added Tax is not charged to foreign countries. So the wheelset in question priced in GBP for delivery to the UK will show a higher price than when priced in GBP for delivery to Canada. And prices will change with exchange rate too on CRC!

    Did this have anything to do with the confusion in price? Hmm, wait, it seems someone is confusing the 29" prices with the 26" prices of these Cobalts. Anyways, ultimately the price paid is on the invoice, as previously mentioned.
    Last edited by FooFighter; 07-02-2011 at 04:58 AM.

  77. #77
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,104

    talk is cheap

    just give us the link... the goddamn link...



    Quote Originally Posted by FooFighter View Post
    Sorry have to laugh whenever I read in Eastern Canada forum.

    Some of you may realize this, but if you don't....if you peruse CRC with the prices set at GBP for delivery to the UK, you will get the price that includes VAT. If you change country to Canada, you will get the price WITHOUT VAT, as that Value Added Tax is not charged to foreign countries. So the wheelset in question priced in GBP for delivery to the UK will show a higher price than when priced in GBP for delivery to Canada. And prices will change with exchange rate too on CRC!

    Did this have anything to do with the confusion in price? Hmm, wait, it seems someone is confusing the 29" prices with the 26" prices of these Cobalts. Anyways, ultimately the price paid is on the invoice, as previously mentioned.

  78. #78
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by FooFighter View Post
    Sorry have to laugh whenever I read in Eastern Canada forum.

    Some of you may realize this, but if you don't....if you peruse CRC with the prices set at GBP for delivery to the UK, you will get the price that includes VAT. If you change country to Canada, you will get the price WITHOUT VAT, as that Value Added Tax is not charged to foreign countries. So the wheelset in question priced in GBP for delivery to the UK will show a higher price than when priced in GBP for delivery to Canada. And prices will change with exchange rate too on CRC!

    Did this have anything to do with the confusion in price? Hmm, wait, it seems someone is confusing the 29" prices with the 26" prices of these Cobalts. Anyways, ultimately the price paid is on the invoice, as previously mentioned.
    This proves my point exactly of how poor understanding and communication just muddies up things.

    The link was provided later on and it puts everybody on the same page, except for some.

  79. #79
    mtbr member
    Reputation: akura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    277
    Just let it go man.....let it go....

  80. #80
    Ms. Monster
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,812
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenAnimator View Post
    It says 685.29 Canadian dollars on the Chain reaction website plus the tax. Also Canada Customs dings pre-built wheel sets for duty almost all the time.

    So you are saying you paid 550 plus 80 tax with no extra charges to your door? I don't know if you're intentionally being a jerk, or just have really poor communication skills.
    If you're still looking, Chain Reaction just put these wheels back on clearance, mostly for $550. The 26ers too. fwiw.

Similar Threads

  1. 2011 Scythe shipments?
    By colds14 in forum Banshee Bikes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-05-2011, 08:22 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-02-2008, 05:23 AM
  3. Canada Post
    By Edmonton Chick in forum Western Canada
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-01-2007, 03:14 AM
  4. Moment shipments on schedule?????
    By Blower in forum Ellsworth
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-28-2004, 09:26 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.