CP24 Live at Joyride Tomorrow Morning: Free Entry If You're There B4 6AM!- Mtbr.com
    Evil Jr.

CP24 Live at Joyride Tomorrow Morning: Free Entry If You're There B4 6AM!

(Don't you hate thread titles that give everything away?)

Short notice, I know, but I'm going! Details!

Phat, you wanna hook up in the Expert skinnies area?
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

Evil Jr.
    Oh great, apparently the Phat-bot auto-bump widget is off-line.

Guess I'll bump this one myself. (Couldn't find any AC/DC clips that hadn't already been posted so please enjoy some Flo Rida instead.)

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SgM3r8xKfGE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

Misfit Psycles
    how well do you know flo and joymonster mr ride?
    answer the question.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

Evil Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by nogearshere
    answer the question.
    2nd base and not a grope more, I swear!

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    answer the question.
    Flow cannot be known until it is time. Only when it is ready shall Flow reveal itself. Until then you will not know Flow as Flow is illusive like Avalanche Bob.

Misfit Psycles
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduramil
    Flow cannot be known until it is time. Only when it is ready shall Flow reveal itself. Until then you will not know Flow as Flow is illusive like Avalanche Bob.
    runners are ruining the internet.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    runners are ruining the internet.
    So that explains everything. Tyred is a runner.

mtbr member
    Hopefully you guys will reply in intelligible English if asked any questions on the TeeVee.

namagomi
    It's a Wednesday... BTW, I don't think your friend can goto joyride - it would make him a hypocrite - because according to his well known rules, if you didn't actually build it yourself you shall not ride it.

If caught on tv, be sure to slip in pinkos!! I'm sure certain viewers will be thinking only a fat-cat commie can play with his bicycle in a park on wednesday morning!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I went last year, it was the best before work workout I've had yet.
    Graham Seaman
    Vice President
    Toronto Off-Road Bicycle Association

banned
    Feb 2005
    answer the question.
    He did, really good friends with endura.

banned
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by electrik
    It's a Wednesday... BTW, I don't think your friend can goto joyride - it would make him a hypocrite - because according to his well known rules, if you didn't actually build it yourself you shall not ride it.

If caught on tv, be sure to slip in pinkos!! I'm sure certain viewers will be thinking only a fat-cat commie can play with his bicycle in a park on wednesday morning!
    I have zero problem giving money to the builder.
    I love Haliburton, Satans, Buck, Hardwood, Albion ...

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Lots of coverage this morning; they've done like 4 segments already with more to come.

No crashes yet - but no fat guys doing loops on the XC track either.

DG

banned
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by RecceDG
    Lots of coverage this morning; they've done like 4 segments already with more to come.

No crashes yet - but no fat guys doing loops on the XC track either.

DG
    Yes there is.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Yes there is.
    How? I'm at work!

DG

banned
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by RecceDG
    How? I'm at work!

DG
    So am I, but ... there are others.

Evil Jr.
    ...AND I'm at work! That was awesome! I didn't ride around that much myself once the cameras were rolling but what a show! The parking lot was already jammed when we got there at 5:45.

They did the first segment on the big jump line and they just sent a stream of riders down, nose-to-tail. It was fantastic. (If I was at all visible, I was hanging with the Summers elders on the XC loop - us geezers have to stick together. )

There's a rumour that Breakfast TV will be there next Monday. I'm not sure I can handle that much fun in such a short time span!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    The coverage was uniformly positive.

Kinda cool too 'cause I was there just last night.

DG

Evil Jr.
    As I was leaving, Shimano was setting up their XTR demo-day stuff for the local shops. Rumour has it, some lucky shop rat will walk away with a shiny new gruppo! Nice!

FeelIng Cranky!
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster
    ...AND I'm at work! That was awesome! I didn't ride around that much myself once the cameras were rolling but what a show! The parking lot was already jammed when we got there at 5:45.

They did the first segment on the big jump line and they just sent a stream of riders down, nose-to-tail. It was fantastic. (If I was at all visible, I was hanging with the Summers elders on the XC loop - us geezers have to stick together. )

There's a rumour that Breakfast TV will be there next Monday. I'm not sure I can handle that much fun in such a short time span!
    Fantastic! Nice to see great covereage for some nice folks!

Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007
    The rumour is true!
    From the Joyride website:
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyride150
    Did you miss out on Wednesday?

No worries – you get a second chance to be on live TV! …and this time with Drew Bezanson!!!

Drew, Breakfast Television and host Jennifer Valentyne will be at Joyride from 6:00am until 9:00am this Monday, February 28th.

Jenn is looking for some riders to shred & talk with…and she might even be convinced to try the foam pit this time!

Once again, if you show up by 6:00am – you get to ride for FREE!!! And we have EXTENDED the park hours – we will be open from 6:00am until 10:00pm, so you can ride straight through…a whole 16 HOURS of Joyriding! Can you handle it???

Evil Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdgirl
    …and this time with Drew Bezanson!!:
    F ya!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Cool...in theory I could stay until 7:00 and still make it to work on time. I'll probably just watch it as I'm packing lunches.

Evil Jr.
    With Drew there, it's going to be mental. The kids all text each other like crazy when he's there on a normal day...

That's not a W
    Jul 2008
    For those who didn't see it here is a link to one of the segments. Click on video and then look for the JR video on the right. Sorry this seems to be the only way to share this.

I thought Shannon did a great job and I'm really impressed how many riders came out!

Evil Jr.
    lol, I am in that video. I'm one of the dark figures looming over the jump line from the XC deck. The guy that was interviewed at the end was the Park coach for Women's Weekend. What an awesome place. I'm glad it looked so cool on TV.

Already looking forward to getting up at 4AM on Monday...

That's not a W
    Jul 2008
    Did they show the easier stuff in the other segments? The jumping looked really cool in that video but intimidating. I have to admit it probably wouldn't have encouraged me to check Joyride out if I hadn't been before.

Even though Shannon did a good job saying how it's for all levels etc., what you see often stands out in your mind, rather than what you hear...

Evil Jr.
    That was just the first segment. They circulated around the building and even got the host on a bike in the Beginner area ("I'm not really a bike person..."). She was a bit wobbly but Shannon gave her an on-air lesson.

Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by VVagabond
    Did they show the easier stuff in the other segments? The jumping looked really cool in that video but intimidating. I have to admit it probably wouldn't have encouraged me to check Joyride out if I hadn't been before.

Even though Shannon did a good job saying how it's for all levels etc., what you see often stands out in your mind, rather than what you hear...
    Yep - they went all through the park - did the cross country loop, expert skinnies, park and even got the host on a bike in the beginner area. She looked like she hadn't ridden a bike since she was 6. They had to raise the seat on her DJ bike and still she was too scared to ride the teaching square. Wish I could have seen it all (as opposed to just snooping behind the camera man). The jumping was the coolest part though. Some of those guys nearly ran each other over! So glad no one crashed!

That's not a W
    Jul 2008
    That was just the first segment. They circulated around the building and even got the host on a bike in the Beginner area ("I'm not really a bike person..."). She was a bit wobbly but Shannon gave her an on-air lesson.
    Wow! that's so great!!
    I want to go back so bad... wish I could make it Monday.

banned
    Feb 2005
    Yep - they went all through the park - did the cross country loop, expert skinnies, park and even got the host on a bike in the beginner area. She looked like she hadn't ridden a bike since she was 6. They had to raise the seat on her DJ bike and still she was too scared to ride the teaching square. Wish I could have seen it all (as opposed to just snooping behind the camera man). The jumping was the coolest part though. Some of those guys nearly ran each other over! So glad no one crashed!
    Did your buddy endura make it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I had to leave for work, but I just got a text from my wife...appparently all three of our kids got some camera time and our 4 year old girl (some of you may remember her as the "flower-picker" from the Bike Obsessed family video) was apparently interviewed. I recorded the entire BT...can't wait to get home and watch it!

Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by HSCoach2
    I had to leave for work, but I just got a text from my wife...appparently all three of our kids got some camera time and our 4 year old girl (some of you may remember her as the "flower-picker" from the Bike Obsessed family video) was apparently interviewed. I recorded the entire BT...can't wait to get home and watch it!
    She wasn't just interviewed, she was featured! She got more time than Drew Bezanson or Andrew Watson! She totally crushed the teeter; it was adorable.

Really nice coverage. Sadly, I couldn't go, but I did watch.

Evil Jr.
    This was a pretty different visit from the first one. We got bumped a lot on account of the "apocalyptic" weather. This time, I even screwed up enough nerve to ride while they were filming. I'm the slug on the little pump track during the kids' segment. I finally found a crowd I can hang with!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    She wasn't just interviewed, she was featured! She got more time than Drew Bezanson or Andrew Watson! She totally crushed the teeter; it was adorable.

Really nice coverage. Sadly, I couldn't go, but I did watch.
    Oh wow, that is so awesome! I really can't wait to go home and watch it!

Evil Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by HSCoach2
    Oh wow, that is so awesome! I really can't wait to go home and watch it!
    New material for next year's video!

Evil Jr.
    Oh ya, I forgot to mention, rumours were swirling around Joyride that Matt Spak was getting married. Someone even read to me, via iPhone, from the blog "Shannon and I are Australia bound in October, a wedding is part of it, a race could also be part of it."

Not one to fall prey to such rumours without double checking my sources (let's just say that certain National team members are less reliable than others... ), here's what I learned.

Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007
    This didn't make it to the live broadcast, but it's pretty cool!
    http://blogs.bttoronto.ca/author/jennifer

Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007
    A couple of the Joyride segments from Monday here. HSCoach's adorable daughter (with Mr. Monster on the pumptrack in the background) at 21:30 and swabag being all awkward and coy at 35:30.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Awkward? Awkward is letting the cat out of the bag.

Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by swabag
    Awkward? Awkward is letting the cat out of the bag.
    Aw, it was cute! I mean rad. Yes, rad.

Evil Jr.
    Aw, it was cute! I mean rad. Yes, rad.
    All Jennifer did all morning was run around saying "We have to talk to the Olympians!" Talk about being put on the spot! Not that I'm any better. You should have seen me try to say "hello" in Mandarin on Chinese television. Ugh!

That's not a W
    Jul 2008
    Marissa was amazing! She is a super cutie and a mini version of her mom. You guys should be proud; she's come a long way from her flower picking days!
    Not that there was anything wrong with that.

I loved the Jennifer foam pit bit and thought swabag did a good job.

Another success for Joyride, I wonder if they have seen an increase in numbers since all this publicity.

And of course, big congrats to Spak!

Members who have read this thread: 0