Courtice Riders Look Here!- Mtbr.com

Oct 2004

Courtice Riders Look Here!

hi i just wanted to know some of the local trails in courtice and meet some of the riders
    i know we dont have alot of good stuff to ride but i think we should shar it for everyone to enjoy
    so just post the location of the trail and when you like to ride it mabey we could meet up for a ride sometime.

thanks for any input
    ps post pics if u got em

Rj

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Good job! Trails in Courtice

I've heard there are trails south of Townline below Olive Ave. Other than that, I can't think of any trails in Courtice.

You might want to try Pebblestone Rd. where it dead ends east of Courtice Rd. Also I think there is an unimproved road north of the Baseline & west of Durham Bumper (by the CPR level crossing).
    2008 Trek Fuel EX 8
    Apsley, Ontario, Canada

Oct 2004
    thanks man ill check it out!

Rj

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Css

There are a few trails at Courtice secondary school, I think it's called the Courtice Millenium Trail.

Second hidden trail:

Head up Courtice Rd.from CSS 0.5 km Until you see a gap in the houses with a little 7 foot hill. (3550 Courtice Rd. or so) and follow the trail behind there.

This leads into single track that joins into an enterance off the road you passed north of Nash. This used to be a lot better before they put houses in there and tore up half the trail.

Third trail
    Courtice Rd. to Pebblestone and head east. Look for a trail 1/2 way down and turn North, explore this trail, this goes a long way to the East. Bugs may be bad.
    If you see a guy on a red 4x4 he is probably one of the land owners, he's a cool guy and pulled my Jeep out on the fire road once.

Fourth trail

Unassumed Rd. between Baseline and Bloor one east of Courtice.. Mainly double track farmers road, but if you're road riding you may be able to fly down this.

This would form a nice loop if you could extend it to the Bottom of Courtice rd and build some trails in the grass by the lake.. (Watch out for people messing around in the grass.. it's got a bit of a rep down there..)

There are a few trails to keep ya busy.

(ex Courtice) Chad

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad-WL
    (Watch out for people messing around in the grass.. it's got a bit of a rep down there..)
    Stay away from the closed service center .
    2008 Trek Fuel EX 8
    Apsley, Ontario, Canada

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Chad-WL
    Fourth trail

Unassumed Rd. between Baseline and Bloor one east of Courtice.. Mainly double track farmers road, but if you're road riding you may be able to fly down this.
    This is the bottom of Hancock Rd. This morning I did a 4 & a half mile loop starting @ Hancock & Bloor. I headed south to baseline on hancock. It's been graded or 'dozed so it's just a rough gravel road now. When I got on the Baseline I headed east to Rundle Rd. which is 1 road east of Solina. The south half of Rundle is gravel but it turns to a grassy trail from there up to Bloor. Kinda rutted up & I think I was the first bike thru this year. Hard w/ all the grass to pick a good line between the ruts. As you get in sight of Bloor it is swampy right now. Not sure what this would be like in the summer.

Turned onto Bloor & back to the truck.
    2008 Trek Fuel EX 8
    Apsley, Ontario, Canada