Could you make it all the way up this hill? Don/Sunnybrook thing- Mtbr.com
    I already rode that

Could you make it all the way up this hill? Don/Sunnybrook thing

For some reason it seems more rooty the first time I tried it, but here are the pics anyways
    If you make it up this you have to turn to the right to see the hill.

Of course you can never tell how steep it gets from the pics

Once you turn at the top of that lil hill you'll see this

I dont think many ppl walked up/down this hill so far this year as all the pine needles are still on it pretty well (just past the big tree in the pic above)

Up more and you can see how far I made it as I left my bike in that spot.
    (taken inbetween the 2 big trees in above pic)

The rest of the way up

Myabe if I was in my granny I couldve made it closer to that broken tree stump....theres always tomorrow!

mtbr member
    Oh damn! Nice climbing!

I'd love to try. Can you be a little more specific on the location? Is this part of the Don Trail by the sewage plant? Sorry, I don't know the Scarborough trails at all.

Looks like a great opportunity to try my new tires - when I get a new wheel.

Good luck on the next attempt. Hope you peak it!
    I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

... and cookies. :D

Mar 2005
    That's an impressive climb! Both you and the hill.
    I don't think I have seen this particular hill before (it looks familiar without the pine needles) but if you tell me where it is I will gladly give it a try... I have seen similar hills and failed - here's the inevitable excuse: it's only been 10 weeks since I started riding again. Maybe I will suprise myself or not

I already rode that
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash&Burn
    That's an impressive climb! Both you and the hill.
    I don't think I have seen this particular hill before (it looks familiar without the pine needles) but if you tell me where it is I will gladly give it a try... I have seen similar hills and failed - here's the inevitable excuse: it's only been 10 weeks since I started riding again. Maybe I will suprise myself or not
    If you know how to get to the hospital (sunny brook) through taylor creek and instead of going up that road to the hospital you'll see an easy path to the right. Its gravel so be careful! Anyways eventually you'll get to the hill. If you pass by an old road bridge then you gone to far but its like right there anyways. If standing by the bridge you'll see the first part, if you havent already came down it and see the actual hill.

Also if you continue on past the bridge but not crossing it you will come to an open field for sports for the college/univeristy thats there (I forget the name of that place) Staying in the valley and you'll see a daycare school there on the other side is the bottom of old lawerence ave. A nice long road hill if you like that as well.

T.Dot Represent
    LMAo i lve that part but i ride down it im way to damn lazy
    fiiiiiiiiiiiinchizzzzzzzzzzle

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    That looks like the drop that is just to the south of the Sunnybrook fire service road, it comes out right beside the bridge...? I normally took that as a downhill!, you can ride in to it from the back of the Sunnybrook parking lot. I would have said it is unrideable uphill, but maybe not! Another good one to try is the eroded mess by the Thorncliffe parking lot. That one definitely is rideable, although now more difficult with the erosion.

Jos

Oct 2004
    I'll have to try that next time i ride the DVT.