Costco Has Merino- Mtbr.com
    Team NFI
    Mar 2007

Costco Has Merino

Haven't seen it myself. But apparently Costco has Merino wool shirts and socks now. Something like $20 for shirts and $12 for a sock 3 Pack.

I Strava Hamburgers
    Will verify this weekend, cause that price is crazy good, and I have a Costco excursion planned.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    They had shirts and pants last year or the year before. I got a pair and they're decent. I forget the blend.
    2015 Brodie Romax
    2011 Giant Trance X3 "Andre"
    2013 Rocky Mountain SoloCX "Han"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bishskate View Post
    They had shirts and pants last year or the year before. I got a pair and they're decent. I forget the blend.

I got one as well (long sleeve T). Can't remember the exact blend, but it works well, especially for the price I paid. Not a nice as my icebreaker long sleeve T, but way better than most 'athletic' shirts/under shirts you'll get elsewhere.
    Straight outta Rossland

No. Just No.
    Quote Originally Posted by CptSydor View Post
    I got one as well (long sleeve T). Can't remember the exact blend, but it works well, especially for the price I paid. Not a nice as my icebreaker long sleeve T, but way better than most 'athletic' shirts/under shirts you'll get elsewhere.
    I have one too, L/S zip mock turtle. The merino content was actually quite minimal (10%?) if I remember correctly so definitely not in the same class as "real" merino goods, but I've had it for a few months and a bunch of washings and agree with your assessment that it was a heck of a lot better in terms of feel and performance (resistance to odour, etc.) than other athletic tops made of purely synthetic materials in a similar or even higher price class.
    Nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    I have one too, L/S zip mock turtle. The merino content was actually quite minimal (10%?) if I remember correctly so definitely not in the same class as "real" merino goods, but I've had it for a few months and a bunch of washings and agree with your assessment that it was a heck of a lot better in terms of feel and performance (resistance to odour, etc.) than other athletic tops made of purely synthetic materials in a similar or even higher price class.
    You are probably referring to this one?

http://www.paradoxoutdoor.com/mbm0031-2773.html

I have one of these as well, but couldn't remember if I got it at Costco or somewhere else, so your post leads me to believe I got it at Costco.

You are right, it's not bad and I like it, but I'm pretty sure I also got a more regular L/S t-shirt at Costco as well that is a much higher Merino content (80+%). I'll check tonight. I was shocked to see it there and I'm pretty sure it was still in the $20-30 range. I like it better than the mock turtle, it handles moisture better, but I agree, the mock turtle is still a good garment for the price compared to what else it out there.
    Straight outta Rossland

No. Just No.
    Yes, that's the one in your link below. Now that you've made the distinction, I'll have to look for the other, newer product that's being discussed in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by CptSydor View Post
    You are probably referring to this one?

http://www.paradoxoutdoor.com/mbm0031-2773.html

I have one of these as well, but couldn't remember if I got it at Costco or somewhere else, so your post leads me to believe I got it at Costco.

You are right, it's not bad and I like it, but I'm pretty sure I also got a more regular L/S t-shirt at Costco as well that is a much higher Merino content (80+%). I'll check tonight. I was shocked to see it there and I'm pretty sure it was still in the $20-30 range. I like it better than the mock turtle, it handles moisture better, but I agree, the mock turtle is still a good garment for the price compared to what else it out there.
    Nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    Yes, that's the one in your link below. Now that you've made the distinction, I'll have to look for the other, newer product that's being discussed in this thread.
    Quick little googling suggests it's this brand. Looks like what I have and available at local Costco. Can't find the details of % merino just yet.

C&O Apparel True North Merino Wool Top |
    Straight outta Rossland

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    According to team management the Merino winter sock drawer has more then enough.

mtbr Decade+
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduramil View Post
    According to team management the Merino winter sock drawer has more then enough.
    Mgmt here has me under similar restrictions.
    "I love being on a bike. It helps me feel free. I get it from my dad", by Guillaume Blanchet

I Strava Hamburgers
    Team CFO refuses to negotiate purchases at SAIL for Merino products as well.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 14Stone View Post
    Team CFO refuses to negotiate purchases at SAIL for Merino products as well.
    The CFO has also reminded that have a 4x bike project that requires focus.

mtbr member
    Our Costco merino socks wore through faster than any other brand. They just don't have the construction or merino content to make good outdoor activity wear. Ymmv.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    I just bought the socks today and they are 70% merino for 12.99 for 4 pairs. Can't go wrong

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    They are 100% merino wool. I bought 3 from costco last year and they are quite warm. I just wore a cycling jacket over the shirt and I was quite warm fat biking at -15C.

mtbr member
    Bought some of these tonight. Just FYI, the ladies tops are on sale for 9.99 now. Picked a few up for Christmas gifts. Mens are still regular price of 19.99

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Does Costcos still sell Mountain Bikes? I am unable to find any on their website.

mtbr member
    My Costo longsleeve T's say 100% Merino. I love them for riding up to around 20C. They are quite thin and the quality is pretty good, especially for $20.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Team Robot. "modulation is code for “I suck at brake control.” Here’s a free tip: get better."