Costco "CamelBak"- Mtbr.com
    Space for rent...

Costco "CamelBak"

Picked-up a High Sierra hydration pack last night for $23! The pack itself appears to be well made with lots of good features, but I am not so sure about the bladder. Even if i throw the bladder away, it still figure it is a hell of a deal.

Anyone else used one of these?
    It's only pain......

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by SSteve F
    Picked-up a High Sierra hydration pack last night for $23! The pack itself appears to be well made with lots of good features, but I am not so sure about the bladder. Even if i throw the bladder away, it still figure it is a hell of a deal.

Anyone else used one of these?

Try a search, there was a thread about these not too long ago, in another forum.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Space for rent...

Found it....

Quote Originally Posted by rkj__
    Try a search, there was a thread about these not too long ago, in another forum.

...and thanks for the suggestion. From reading the reviews, it sounds like a great pack, but a questionable bladder. Stay tuned for a long term review.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...ghlight=costco
    It's only pain......

Misfit Psycles
    ...and thanks for the suggestion. From reading the reviews, it sounds like a great pack, but a questionable bladder. Stay tuned for a long term review.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...ghlight=costco
    i am about the bling so unless it (says) KamelBack i aint wearing it...
    i have a couple of friends who bough them in bulk...the bladder leaked like a sonama***** once replaced they were still a great deal!
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

Space for rent...
    Quote Originally Posted by nogearshere
    i am about the bling so unless it (says) KamelBack i aint wearing it
    I know what you mean. Why would anyone buy knock-off, when you can blow all your money on Surly/White/On-one blingstein!
    It's only pain......

Misfit Psycles
    Surly/White/On-one blingstein!
    you sir are messing with me. but at least i can swallow the filler of your blingstein sandwich...

$600 wheels
    $300 drive train
    $25 gloves, 3 seasons olde...

priorities!
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

May 2006
    Did you just buy this? Are they available at all GTA Costco's?

Space for rent...
    Quote Originally Posted by helvetica
    Did you just buy this? Are they available at all GTA Costco's?
    Yes I bought last week and have used it four times already. No complaints (yet). They had lots at the Dundas/403 store in Mississuaga.
    It's only pain......

May 2006

thanks

I'll have to get one.

May 2006
    went to two costcos in mississauga and no one has anything so i went to sportcheck next to square one where i found what remains of a last year sale of hydration packs

i got one for 9.99, has 2L, thing for ice, one huge pocket, and bungie straps, one strap acoss the chest, the tube is hidden in the back straps.

I also saw three more at 19.99 one for 29.99 which was a backpack and a hydration pack, and two or three half price camelbacks.

that was about 3-4 days ago, if anyones looking they might have a few left.

bi-winning
    I was at sportcheck yesterday, and both of the camelbaks were missing the bite valve. but since sportcheck is cool, they gave us the pack with resevoir sans valve, as well as another resevoir for the sale price of the camelbak. It was not a wicked deal, but with the extra resevoir, it turned out to be a good value. It's not for me though. It's a little gift for dad.

I also picked up a sleeveless moisture-wicking shirt for $9.99. It was on the clearance rack because it had a tiny pull in it.

As for the Costco hydration packs, they are gone from all locations as far as i know. Not sure if they will be ordering more or not.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

May 2006
    I bought one in Brampton. They seemed to have lots (First week in June). Not sure I would buy it again. The pack is good but the bite is leaky. You might just be better off and buy a camelback. Having said that they are cheap $23.00 and the pack seems to be pretty durable.

Members who have read this thread: 0