copters on the trail- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    humber river advocate
    Reputation: singlesprocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6,391

    copters on the trail

    flying low and scaring wildlife...



    funny thing to see during a ride in the humber watershed...



    i hope they didn't drop a body...

    anyway, cool jeep build...

    Last edited by Circlip; 01-06-2012 at 08:50 PM.
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

    build trail!

  2. #2
    bi-winning
    Reputation: rkj__'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    11,108
    Thank you for the moderation Circlip.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

  3. #3
    humber river advocate
    Reputation: singlesprocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6,391
    Quote Originally Posted by rkj__ View Post
    Thank you for the moderation Circlip.
    for what? i seen that during my ride tonight... on my mountain bike in eastern canada on the trail that i build.

    the jeep has a big following on mtbr and north america. so whats your point rkj? why do you want moderation?

    it might be easier to use the ignore function if you find my posts to disturbing to your sensibilities...
    Last edited by singlesprocket; 01-06-2012 at 09:41 PM.
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

    build trail!

  4. #4
    namagomi
    Reputation: electrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,884
    Maybe that is because the chopper didn't say Bre-X on the side or maybe they were making a pick up?



    Can't imagine the riding was too good today though?

  5. #5
    humber river advocate
    Reputation: singlesprocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6,391
    <embed src="http://www.ebaumsworld.com/player.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="id1=859285" wmode="opaque" width="567" height="345" allowfullscreen="true" />
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

    build trail!

  6. #6
    No. Just No.
    Reputation: Circlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,179
    Seriously? You can PM me if you want to discuss.

    Quote Originally Posted by singlesprocket View Post
    for what?...

    so whats your point rkj? why do you want moderation?

    it might be easier to use the ignore function if you find my posts to disturbing to your sensibilities...

  7. #7
    bi-winning
    Reputation: rkj__'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    11,108
    Quote Originally Posted by singlesprocket View Post
    for what? i seen that during my ride tonight... on my mountain bike in eastern canada on the trail that i build.

    the jeep has a big following on mtbr and north america. so whats your point rkj? why do you want moderation?

    it might be easier to use the ignore function if you find my posts to disturbing to your sensibilities...
    In your original edit of the post you used creative spelling to bypass the inappropriate language filter a number of times. You know that. I'm not sure why you assumed I had problems with the pictures.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Thatshowiroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,639
    LOL at the dumping bodies comment.

  9. #9
    humber river advocate
    Reputation: singlesprocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6,391
    Quote Originally Posted by rkj__ View Post
    In your original edit of the post you used creative spelling to bypass the inappropriate language filter a number of times. You know that. I'm not sure why you assumed I had problems with the pictures.

    i think this word has to be banned also because it sounds like the other word...

    for example: that's a cool fokker! that fokker can fly!

    Fokker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    lets not have thought crimes here...

    think about the children
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

    build trail!

  10. #10
    9 lives
    Reputation: cyclelicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    14,107
    Quote Originally Posted by singlesprocket View Post

    think about the children

    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Qh2sWSVRrmo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

    It was very odd to see a helicopter landing and then taking off on a trail in the middle of the woods
    Last edited by cyclelicious; 01-07-2012 at 07:22 AM.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sweetfilly7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by singlesprocket View Post
    for what? i seen that during my ride tonight... on my mountain bike in eastern canada on the trail that i build.
    Any care to call in the Spelling and Grammar police on this?
    I love riding my bike!

  12. #12
    Up, Up, and Away!
    Reputation: SuprGrovr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    255
    At first glance, I thought this thread read "cooters on the trail"


  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    450
    Looks like a couple choppers I saw last summer doing hydro tower inspections on the lines that cross my local trails. One afternoon they did a few steep turns and dives down to the bottom of the valley. They may have even gone under the railway bridge, but I didn't get a clear view.

  14. #14
    Team NFI
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,302
    Nothing to be concerened about. I have been over flying my new territory.

  15. #15
    namagomi
    Reputation: electrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,884
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post

    It was very odd to see a helicopter landing and then taking off on a trail in the middle of the woods
    No doubt, I suspect it would be pretty hard to get that flight plan approved. I don't see any hydro corridor there either. Though there is a helicopter training centre just down the road.

    It reminds me of the stories from California where they've resorted to using a helicopter to track mountain bikers poaching various trails. I think the fine is $50(how does THAT budget work)!

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: qbert2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,226
    Quote Originally Posted by electrik View Post
    No doubt, I suspect it would be pretty hard to get that flight plan approved. I don't see any hydro corridor there either. Though there is a helicopter training centre just down the road.

    It reminds me of the stories from California where they've resorted to using a helicopter to track mountain bikers poaching various trails. I think the fine is $50(how does THAT budget work)!
    no wonder california is pretty much bankrupt

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by electrik View Post
    I don't see any hydro corridor there either.
    There's towers visible in the background of the photos.

  18. #18
    namagomi
    Reputation: electrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,884
    Quote Originally Posted by nickboers View Post
    There's towers visible in the background of the photos.
    Yeah I see them... but i dunno? I can't tell if the chopper has those struts for attaching either.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by electrik View Post
    Yeah I see them... but i dunno? I can't tell if the chopper has those struts for attaching either.
    There was no special hardware hanging from them when they were doing their inspections here. The men never left the birds, they were just visual inspections.

  20. #20
    humber river advocate
    Reputation: singlesprocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6,391
    i've sat in and checked out the hydro one coptor, could be just someone practicing landings...

    here it is carrying gear



    here's the coptor up close







    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

    build trail!

  21. #21
    Evil Jr.
    Reputation: garage monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,859
    I have nothing to add to this thread other than some Rick Mercer/hydro tower/helicopter content.

    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9-B3D3nvUho" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 11-09-2011, 10:03 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-27-2011, 01:23 PM
  3. Jesusita Fire Trail Restoration Project- Tunnel Trail, Santa Barbara
    By multiuse trails coalition in forum California - Socal
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-23-2009, 08:30 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-19-2006, 05:30 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.