Conditions in Nova Scotia, Bugs....- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Conditions in Nova Scotia, Bugs....

I posted a few weeks back looking for trails in N.S.. My wife and I are driving the Civic that way next week for vacation and I NEED to get some riding in while we're there.

I was outside yesterday and was getting hammered by Black flies. Got me to wondering if the it's going to be bug season there??? The bugs really like my wife and I need to make sure she has a good time. If the bugs and rain are bad we can easily change our vacation. Any first hand info would be appreciated.

Oh ya, any more trail info would be nice also

Thanks Steve

I already rode that
    Ride ahead of her with your mouth open as the more you swallow the less land on her.
    Riding F/S since oct 94'

Mar 2006
    I was there in August last year and there were not many bugs at all where I was in Annapolis valley. Probably depends on location though.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by prod
    I was there in August last year and there were not many bugs at all where I was in Annapolis valley. Probably depends on location though.
    Thanks for the info.

I know there have to be some locals that have been out this week. Are you eating bugs now??

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    That's what I do during bug season here. I don't need to put Go juice in my hydro pack until after bug season.

Jul 2006
    bugs arnt a big problem here ive biked the last 3 years and never had a problem

Jul 2006
    lmfao kyle u not even home lol

Its so dry here thers not many bugs ATM but if u go at nights ull get analed by bugs
    thers a fare good trail in the valle here its up by the super store in a subdavion thera a road beside the superstore u take that and thers a road that gose to the lefted and u keep on that road u hit a four way u keep goin straight and ther a lil dirt road then a tunneld u bike though and thers a nice trail ther :P have fun :P (this is in New minas)
    Last edited by Joey_viper; 07-29-2006 at 05:25 PM.

Jul 2006
    lol im home now tho and gettign ready to go riding tommrow

Members who have read this thread: 0