Collingwood

Printable View

• 07-24-2006
    Satan2
    Collingwood
    Just need a little help locating some family friendly trails in the Collingwood area. We are going up for 2 days and I do not want to be stuck on the bike path around the bay (which is what the wife wants). She is new to mtb and still very nervous.

Is there any relatively easy single track trails that she will enjoy without getting hurt?

Thanks Ian
  • 07-24-2006
    Merdoff
    Loree Forest
    There is a place called the Loree forest . I've never been there but have heard people mention it's a great place to bring kids and beginners. I know it's in Collingwood but not sure where in proximity it is to 3 stage.
  • 07-24-2006
    Bill Payer
    good call
    Loree forest is definately what you want. pick up a copy of Rider Mel's trail book for a map and description or drop into any of the bike shops in Collingwood for directions.
  • 07-24-2006
    JM01
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Payer
    Loree forest is definately what you want. pick up a copy of Rider Mel's trail book for a map and description or drop into any of the bike shops in Collingwood for directions.

straight up scenic caves road, turn right at Banks...through Loree, and stop at the first 90 degree lefthand turn at the road...you'll see a dirt road with a steep climb up to the forest...park at the wider part of the road...ride up the gravel road

be carefull here, lots of joggers and walkers

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=187383
  • 07-24-2006
    Satan2
    thanks for your help will check it out.