Check out the "Bike Skills Project"- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Check out the "Bike Skills Project"

Hey Everyone ..

Check out the this new mountain bike skills blog by Coach Peter Glassford: The Bike Skills Project

This is a new project Peter has initiated to give mountain bikers some tips and ideas for improving technical skills in order to get more out of everyday riding and training. The introduction to the blog states that:

We (cyclists in general) spend way to much time 'training' and forget about all the little things that go into actual performance. The 'training' matters and I love it but we need to 'up our game' and spend more time on all the other important stuff that goes into game day performance."

The blog just went live this week and there are only two video entries thus far but apparently many more are planned. Worth a bookmark.

I was coached by Peter this year and really benefited from some great 1on1 technical sessions with him. Happy to see that he's found yet another way to share his ideas and experience.

mtbr member
    Had a look. In the save your chain segment, he should have gone full trials style and nose wheeled down the rock for maximum effect.

humber river advocate
    good stuff... i've restarted the thursday night skills ride after some prodding from some local riders here in bolton. i use some of the same techniques like yelling slow race in a particular tech section to help build
    rider balance. also riding the line, which is just practicing riding painted lines before moving on to curbs.
    small wheelie drops of curbs also. some really basic stuff, but new (and not new riders) need to learn such skills. having a non pressure supportive environment really helps to build skills.
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

Lemmy Rules!
    Look for a cameo appearance by yours truly coming soon. Hopefully, I will not be used as an example of what not to do
    Strava made me do it....

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    "In our next segment, Unglued will demonstrate the correct way to fall off a bike without ending up in the hospital..."

Lemmy Rules!
    Quote Originally Posted by aerius View Post
    "In our next segment, Unglued will demonstrate the correct way to fall off a bike without ending up in the hospital..."
    No. I can't do that.
    Strava made me do it....

Members who have read this thread: 0