• 08-08-2006
    Resnick
    Camping and Biking in New Brunswick
    Hello
    I was wondering if anyone knows of a good bike and camping spot in NB.
    Thanks
  • 08-31-2006
    johe
    Rockwood Park in Saint John has a campground and loads of cross country / Singletrack trails. If you're ever in the area contact me and I'll bring your through the trails.
  • 08-31-2006
    BlackCanoeDog
    Bay of Fundy National Park is very nice. We spent some time there a few years ago on the way thru on a 3 wk road/camping trip out to Newfoundland. There is good camping and a nice little village called Alma. We rode our bikes out to Wolf Point, which when we got there was a spectacular spot!!! There are some great hike-in campsites out on the point. Not single track, more like fire road, but excellent destination. We only met a few hikers so very quiet. I would love to go back some day and camp out on the point. I'm sure there were some single track rides in this park as well but we did not do them so cannot comment. The scenery coming down off the high country into Alma is very spectacular too. And the village is right at the mouth of the Lower Salmon River. There is an Outfitter there that rents kayaks. You can go up the river or out into the bay. Well worth doing also. Great park imo.
  • 09-03-2006
    Resnick
    OH you missed out on some awsome single track called green snake. you take rd 45 out at the back of Fundy on the Alma side. then take a ATV trail into the woods. you come to this awsome well maintained single track the flows down the side of a hill and then back up. if your ever in Alma again ask the Kayak guide about it they'll tell you exactly how to get there.
    http://www.greensnaketrails.ca/
  • 09-03-2006
    BlackCanoeDog
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Resnick
    OH you missed out on some awsome single track called green snake. you take rd 45 out at the back of Fundy on the Alma side. then take a ATV trail into the woods. you come to this awsome well maintained single track the flows down the side of a hill and then back up. if your ever in Alma again ask the Kayak guide about it they'll tell you exactly how to get there.
    http://www.greensnaketrails.ca/

Thanks. I remember from the map that there was some riding on that side of the park. Due to time constraint we were not able to explore much. So Wolf Point got the nod.That Newfoundland trip was summer 2002. But we may well be on our way to Nova Scotia next summer to visit family, in which case we will for sure be visiting Bay of Fundy Park & Alma area again! We really enjoyed it.