Calling out to fellow Toronto riders- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Calling out to fellow Toronto riders

Hi everyone,

This is a call out to my fellow riders in Toronto. I'm a university student/weekend-rider. The problem is, I don't have a car this summer, so I can't go anywhere outside the city. I live downtown, so the only thing I have accessible to me is Don Valley.

I'm looking for people who wouldn't mind taking another person and another bike on weekend trips to Albion Hills, Hardwood, Mansfield, etc. I would share gas money, of course.

I want to be out there as much as I can, 'cause the summer'll be over before we know it. I've found someone who's riding Kelso and Hilton Falls this weekend (Friday and Saturday, respectively).

But to anyone heading out for a ride anytime later, this ride-less rider would appreciate a ride.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    If you don't mind joining a group of older riders (40+) please drop me a line. I don't mind to pick you up for our rides on Saturday and / or Sunday.

They say I have a problem
    Quote Originally Posted by precar
    Hi everyone,

This is a call out to my fellow riders in Toronto. I'm a university student/weekend-rider. The problem is, I don't have a car this summer, so I can't go anywhere outside the city. I live downtown, so the only thing I have accessible to me is Don Valley.

I'm looking for people who wouldn't mind taking another person and another bike on weekend trips to Albion Hills, Hardwood, Mansfield, etc. I would share gas money, of course.

I want to be out there as much as I can, 'cause the summer'll be over before we know it. I've found someone who's riding Kelso and Hilton Falls this weekend (Friday and Saturday, respectively).

But to anyone heading out for a ride anytime later, this ride-less rider would appreciate a ride.

Thanks.

Check out TorontoMTB on Yahoo groups....It's a bunch of local Toronto riders who are always looking for a good ride...

rich
    "The meek shall inherit the earth"

mtbr member
    yeah take a look at the yahoo group TorontoMTB, there's a fair number of downtown folks that ride regularily.

What sort of riding are you into? .. my friends and I tend to hit up Blue Mountain a fair bit during the summer. Most of us are into more dh/freeride stuff but that doesn't mean you wouldn't have a good time. The trails are fast and twisty with easy lines around all the jumps & drops if you want.
    Last weekend at Blue one friend of mine was riding a 10yr old Stumpjumper with V Brakes and a 63mm travel fork, he was rippin' it up pretty good.

If you're interested in hitting up Blue, let me know and maybe we can arrange something.

Hope to see you on the trails sometime.

Clem

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by precar
    Hi everyone,

Thanks.

We get together with the bike shop for sunday rides, another group for saturday if you go to bikedepot.com and sign up for the newsletter you can get on the list. Not too far from the subway and most times someone can arrange to pick you up. We ride everywhere we can as often during the week as we can as well.