Calabogie/Ottawa must ride trails- Mtbr.com
    TT.
    wheeler
    Feb 2004

Calabogie/Ottawa must ride trails

is Calabogie Peaks Resort our best bet for ridinig in the area we'll be there first week in July and would like to hit a few trails before coming home
    Looking at the descriotion of the resort, looks like it'll keep us busy for a day, would like to ride some other places as well
    I Ride, I Know

(aka SS_MB-7)
    Quote Originally Posted by TT.
    is Calabogie Peaks Resort our best bet for ridinig in the area we'll be there first week in July and would like to hit a few trails before coming home
    Looking at the descriotion of the resort, looks like it'll keep us busy for a day, would like to ride some other places as well
    Bogie is nice, but its not our best area for riding. For that, head to Kanata and check-out the trails off Huntmar road (north of the Corel Centre). Wicked fun. Very technical. No climbing though.

I've done Bogie a few times and have done 2 O-Cups there. Generally, a pretty fun course. Lots of climbing and some really crazy technical stuff. Hard to believe it was used for an O-Cup.

So, yes, check it out if you've got the time. But, I don't think anything has been done to the course since last year's O-Cup race. That is, Bogie does SFA in terms of trail maintenance, etc., so you could find a lot of winter debris, down trees, etc. Plus, the deer/moose flies are nasty!

And, of course, there is the Gatineau. Lots of climbing, but most of the good trails are closed to bikes. Fortune has a couple different race loops you can do.

I'd offer to show you around, but I'm in Haliburton that long weekend. My inlaws have a cottage (actually, it's a huge house on a lake) on Redstone Lake, so I'll be riding in the Forest or on the roads that weekend.

Checkout MTBKanata.com for Ottawa-area trail info. Lots of GPS maps, etc.
    Ride Hard,
    Mike B. (MCM# 7.77)
    http://www.one-speed.com

TT.
    wheeler
    Feb 2004
    maps are good.. I don't have a clue where huntmar, corel center or any of the stuff you mentioned are I'll check out the site for sure.....

have fun in HF....
    I Ride, I Know

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TT.
    maps are good.. I don't have a clue where huntmar, corel center or any of the stuff you mentioned are I'll check out the site for sure.....

have fun in HF....
    let me know if you have trouble sourcing trail info, I've got a bud in Ottawa who rides Kanata Lakes regularily and might be around during your timeframe, I could put you in contact with him and he could give you a tour.
    I see by your profile you're a Bracebridge fan which is exactly like Kanata Lakes, lot's of rock.

Clem

TT.
    wheeler
    Feb 2004
    wow..some good info on that site
    I like what I see so far

guided tour would be pretty stinky I'll pm ya'
    I Ride, I Know